Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't look pretty. I may be flying to Atlanta on Wed or Thurs to be part of a Help Desk for my company. Our base of operations is here in Ft Lauderdale but we have to have tech support available throughout the country for all our offices. Jenny, I may take you up on your kind offer (thank you) but just for Ducky (my cat). I'll let you know.

FLL Diver:
8:00pm update puts landfall Satur...ea. Marc[/QUOTE] That's comforting....

Looking at the plot, I can't tell whether it's headed for BaitedStorm in Port St. Lucie or to Melbourne... It looks like it's coming our way. I have a plane ticket to go to KY this weekend. Looks like I'm going to donate some money to our failing airlines. I hope they cancel the flights by Friday morning in Melbourne... There's no way I can leave my wife and kids to deal with this storm. We're just praying it starts to hook in a hurry.

Hey Scuba_Dad, how are your kids taking it? My oldest was really upset today. It's pretty much my fault, I told both girls about all the houses ripped apart that I saw (trip to Venice Saturday) and how very,very lucky we were to not be harmed. I'm anixously awaiting that hook turn too.

Great Link 23angler!

I have to believe it is going to turn. What are the odds of FL getting hit by two Cat 4's within a 1 month time frame. But it does look like our diving is off this weekend. Just checked the forecast and they are calling for 8-10 feet seas. Anyone up for a rollercoaster ride :)

To all my new found friends here at SB - be safe, be prepared and if any of the Hollywood area contingent needs a place to hide out let me know! Unless we get a direct hit & a 4 or more I'll be holing up here with a few beers. Have one of those cement bunker houses and all new hurricane shutters.

As for diving.... how about surfing?

Hi BaitedStorm... I think the kids are still clueless about the storm. I'm sure since school is back in session today, they'll come back home with some questions.

From this morning's report... looks like it's going to split us in half. Sebastian Inlet is now the impact point. You'll get the south side of the storm, and we'll get the north. I hope it keeps turning... and turning... and turning... and harmlessly out to sea...

I was surprised last night when the launch scrubbed, and they decided to try again tonight. Rumor had it they were going to destack the Atlas today. I sure hope it flies tonight.

Al

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom