Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al, doesn't NASA have some Super Secret Weapon that prevents hurricanes from hitting the space coast??? Some magic wind laser or something :)

Talon:
Al, doesn't NASA have some Super Secret Weapon that prevents hurricanes from hitting the space coast??? Some magic wind laser or something :)

:rofl:

That would be cooool to see and use!

Well, I wasn't going to mention it.... but... when Andrew was heading our way, we hurried up and launched an Atlas. The centaur (2nd stage) didn't ignite, and they destroyed it. The impact was in the vicinity of Andrew's eye. Shortly after we sacrificed the Atlas to Andrew, it turned south and hit Homestead. Sorry South Florida...

Fortunately for this Atlas, it's on a northerly trajectory.... so, it won't even come close to Frances.

Al

Getting scary here in Cocoa Beach....All the cruise ships have left Port Canaveral

Again i hope it doesnt hit the coast on a well populated area, of course that it doesnt hit at all. Looks like half the models are suggesting it will be in Orlando around late saturday night - almost like the time of the last hurricane passing through! Things are only just getting back to normal around here, power has been up for a week, there are still trees everywhere - i am sure we will see lines of people at the stores and gas stations in the next day or so as well - joy!

It does look like the SE is going to be essentially undivable, even if no landfall, just due to surf and lack of viz - we might head for the springs, it looks more and more that way each day i see a new forecast! Continue with the prayers for those on the east and keep hoping.

Why are the hurricane gods picking on you guys so much this summer? Good luck and Godspeed to you all (again).

cudachaser:
Getting scary here in Cocoa Beach....All the cruise ships have left Port Canaveral
Rats - sinking ship???

I do a lot of work on the Port, design of docks, buildings, storage areas, i also do lots on the management, design and maintenance of the phosphate mines and assoc works that line I-4. With Charley they had way too much water to hold and were struggling to contain, dikes being washed out, the whole deal, plenty of work there. Now this one around Canaveral, i can only guess what more work is going to come if any rebuilding is done. Lets just see if we get another week of half day work due to no AC and power again meaning the office is unbearable! :wink: - i know there are many other factors, especially human life consequences, just musing on how things will change here and how they affect the work i do day in, day out (when not surfing SB).

gfisher4792:
Why are the hurricane gods picking on you guys so much this summer? Good luck and Godspeed to you all (again).

CBulla. I blame it on him. :1poke:

Joe

135 sustained winds... Already more than a hefty storm. I wish you guys the best, I also hope the thing does spin off into the Gulf and head our way. I'd like to get some dives in this weekend. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom