Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is why I'm not doing too much right now. If on Thursday or Friday things start looking bad, I'll board up and leave the state. Right now, people are just going CRAZY. Lowes and Home Depot are already a major headache. I heard people who were out at lunch stating that people are parking on US-192 because all the stores parking lots are full. For those of you outside Melbourne, 192 is a major road that runs right through town. It is bumber to bumber when things are going well. Sounds completly nuts now.

Scubaguy62:
Grier, Frances is coming to avenge all the awful things that were done to you and Crystal. Hopefully being made the president of your company will be enough for her to move back...

hopehopehopehopehopehopehopehope

Don't mess with the Salchichon Grande!!! :eyebrow:

simbrooks:
Again i hope it doesnt hit the coast on a well populated area, ...<snip>

Thats going to be nearly impossible since development has been totally uncontrolled along the coastline.

simbrooks:
It does look like the SE is going to be essentially undivable, even if no landfall, just due to surf and lack of viz - we might head for the springs, it looks more and more that way each day i see a new forecast! Continue with the prayers for those on the east and keep hoping.

I hope it doesn't come rolling through here, but hey, if it does, I'm ready to rock. Supplies are still stocked, the guns are cleaned and oiled to do looter patrol again (yes, we did that for a few nights and really did chase off people who didnt belong) and I've got plenty of propane for the grill if we have no power.

The models are only as accurate as 100 years of data have been able to provide, gradually getting better as time goes on. Give it another 100 years and we should have computer modeling thats much more accurate than now, but I'll take the guesses today over 10-20-30 years ago.

5pm data says Frances is holding a steady 140mph winds. I am more worried about this storm than I was about Charley for 2 reasons. 1) We've had a whopper of a storm hit us already this year 2) Frances has had a good long time to get solidly organized and build up a LOT of power. TS storm force winds are being clocked 175 miles from the eye.

Queue up Wagners great master peice Ride of the Valkeries and hold on tight!! :D

GrierHPharmD:
Don't mess with the Salchichon Grande!!! :eyebrow:

Whatchew know bout Salchichon? :eyebrow:

By the way...The old folks (Nassau) say the weather people are cute but duck. This suckers gonna walk thru our yards. One way or another.

Since I love all you guys, please please please prepare for this one. Start treating it now like it is gonna hit, and hit hard. This should be a FULL BLOWN DRILL. No pretending. :director:

:redcap:

The most recent map shows it hitting Titusville around 2pm Sat, of course that is slightly different than earlier 8pm landfall with 8am saying PSL, 11am saying Jax - still could be anywhere, we are hitting the store some time tonight or tomorrow night, just in case.

why do these things have to hit on a WEEKEND???!!! arghhhh. both times.

Storms are reserved for the weekends because storms like to play to. They work all week or two building up all this strength and are totally looking for some recreation.. unfortunately for us the recreation occurs during our down time, but being much bigger than us, we have no choice but to batton the hatches and hold on tight!

Unfortunately, large companies and corporations have little to no concern for this and will be ready to call you back to the office as soon as a phone works and they can get a generator to provide power. :D

Himmicanes hit on Monday. Hurricanes wait for your leisure time to bug you. :D

I'm going to my room now!

CBulla:
Unfortunately, large companies and corporations have little to no concern for this and will be ready to call you back to the office as soon as a phone works and they can get a generator to provide power. :D

Hey Colin, I bet your new boss will be cracking the whip on you as soon as anything works. :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom