Looks like Frances is on the way

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I will be P$#ted off. We planned on doing that REEF ID class. Actually we were looking forward to it. We really need this trip. For our sanity.......

I also have a trip planned. Fly to FLL Thursday evening, 2 dives in Boca on Friday, then to Key Largo Sunday and Monday.

Last August my daughter and I came down to do her OW checkout dives. There was a storm that caused the first day's diving to be cancelled; really messed up our schedule.

Hope it doesn't happen again.

Well back up plans are slowly being formulated.

Of the various options, i cant imagine any of them being all that good. Obviously apart from any devastation caused by a direct hit (we all hope for that not to happen), any northward or westward move taking it along either the Keys coast or FL east coast would give some high winds, big seas and therefore blow out viz almost certainly - again this is just the diving aspect, there are more important things to consider depending on the line of the storm - i am sure the SW and central Floridians will be returning the prayers of those from the SE that were offered up a few weeks back. Stay safe!!

looks like it will be around the lake on saterday if it keeps up onthe forcast track in the red zone.

looks like diving this weekend is off.
if i get a chance then i can take stacy in the pool to try out her new bcd if this thing does not hit us

g'luck and stay safe
brian

Ok, ya'll. This thread will remain sticky till the storm passes and all are safe and accounted for. Good luck everybody. Tough year to be a Florida resident.

ggunn posted a great tracking site

http://www.scubaboard.com/t69553-.html

tic-tic-tic-tic

Tracking hurricanes, one of florida's favorite summer pastimes

Should know whether to bail out by late thurs.

Any other hurricane and I'd say, bring on the munchies it's time for a party, but after going over to Venice Beach to dive with fellow Conchs I passed a ton of pure devistation from Charlie. My heart broke seeing all the homes ripped apart, tractor trailers turned over on their sides, the National Gaurd out and about with guns! For the first time ever (I was born and raised here) I'm very afraid. Right now I'm just praying this storm won't harm my family or friends.

Scuba_Jenny:
Good luck everybody. Tough year to be a Florida resident.

It's just starting too. Eight named storms in August. And September is supposed to be the month where they peak! :11:

Remind me again why I moved here? Oh yeah - December through March anywhere else. :D

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom