Looking for South Florida wreck divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tienuts, I'll let you know about it soon. Need to talk to my buddy. Is there a local shop that rents AL 40 deco cylinders? There are some cheap flights available to FLL right now, but I don't want to fly tanks around. If someone could give me the low down and what is available for rental I would sure appreciate it.

As far as reefs go, I know there are some very nice deep reefs in the Keys, but no one will take you there. :confused:

Hey Red,

Fill Express rents just about anything you need for technical diving.

Yeah, they're $15.00 a day. Weekly rental is the same as 4 days.

Tienuts:
Yes, I have 6 students for a wreck class. I was just trying to see if there was enough interest to fill the rest of a boat. I dont have a boat picked yet. Now that I know there are interested parties, I will ask about the deco diving. South Fla Diving seems to be "tec friendly"

You have enough people already to fill up the "Tonto."

I'm interested!
I'll have to check my schedual hopefully there will be room if I'm clear but I won't know until almost last minute!
I'll keep an eye on your posts.
Later... Marc

Padipro:
Well, I'm interested. I have the 24th off but need to see if I can find another diver that's interested in doing this as a deco dive. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Scott,

So far, I'm open the 23rd and 24th... I'm really not a big fan of SFDHQ - their parking Cluster**** leaves allot to be desired.

-Tim

edit:
I LOVE the Capt'n Dan - its one of my personal favorites.

Tienuts:
Yes, I have 6 students for a wreck class. I was just trying to see if there was enough interest to fill the rest of a boat. I dont have a boat picked yet. Now that I know there are interested parties, I will ask about the deco diving. South Fla Diving seems to be "tec friendly"

Why don't you call Captain Bob Sheridan @ 954-548-4457? "Tec friendly" trips is about all he does anymore. Nice boat with a water-level platform.

OK guys - Still have spots open for the wreck trips.

1 spot for Sept 24th, and 4 on Oct 1st. Email me at tienuts@hotmail.com or call me at 954-805-4989.

My credit card is getting nervous!

Just a quick thanks to Tienuts for organizing this outing.
as otherwise reported, it was much bumpier than expected for the ride out, though everyone did a great job (and on a small boat!) at keeping everything down.

We did two dives on the Capt. Dan, max depth for me @ 110 ft. There was a little current, but not too much to get worked up about. Great wreck for exploring.

On the way back up (both dives), we had a nasty moon jelly convention going...I counted 12 healthy large sized ones just on my safety stop. Don't care what the divemaster says, I'm steering clear of those things!

The water was nice enough to lay back down while we were under for our second dive, and made for a pleasant ride in.

Great day; thanks to tienuts and his group for letting me tag along for the second dive while my buddies sunned themselves!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom