Looking for South Florida wreck divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you guys doing a wreck class, Tienuts? How would the captain feel about a deco bottle?

Deffinately interested, even more so if the boat would let us do one long deco dive while you guys are doing two.

Let us know with what boat and when, I have every other Sunday off so I may not be able to make it.

Yes, I have 6 students for a wreck class. I was just trying to see if there was enough interest to fill the rest of a boat. I dont have a boat picked yet. Now that I know there are interested parties, I will ask about the deco diving. South Fla Diving seems to be "tec friendly"

TheRedHead:
Just curious as to why you would have to book an entire boat to dive a (relatively) shallow wreck? My buddy and I were talking about a mini trip to the Lauderdale area sometime in Sept.
Only because most dive ops have a set schedule in advance. Some boats will let you dive whatever schedule you want, if you are the first to book, and they don't have a trip scheduled yet. (especially if you can get enough people for them)

If you book well enough in advance - there are several that will do whatever you want.

Most do a wreck and a reef, because that's what the average person (visitor to South Florida - lets say) wants to dive.

tienuts,
how "strict" are you on your requirements? I have dove and penetrated wrecks, etc. Not that big a deal, yet I'm not AOW, don't have a wreck cert, and refuse to dive nitrox, lol... maybe I can't dive with you guys? :)

I'm down with diving a 80-100 foot wreck followed by something more shallow. If you guys are doing something more typical like that, let me know, I'm always down.

Jerry at Parrot Island has no problem with whatever esoteric gear you or your students bring aboard. Plus it sounds like you have enough people for him to run the smaller boat just with your group. Call him at 942-7333.

Tom Winters:
Jerry at Parrot Island has no problem with whatever esoteric gear you or your students bring aboard. Plus it sounds like you have enough people for him to run the smaller boat just with your group. Call him at 942-7333.
Yeah... and mention the Denver Broncos (in a positive way), and he'll love you forever!

For all of those interested -

I have booked 2 Sundays on the Safari Diver with South Florida Divers. This is a 12-person boat, but since none of us like being crowded, we are limiting it to 10 divers.

We will be tying up to the Captain Dan for 2 wreck dives. Tec divers are welcome, and can do one long deco dive. For now it looks like we will have about 2+ hrs of dive time.

I have:
3 spots open on Sept 24, 1:00PM departure
and
3 spots on Oct 1, 1:00 PM departure

Price will be $55 for sport or deco divers. Not included is a tip for the crew, and parking ($5). If anyone needs tanks, it will be $12 per tank. I hope all of you have your own gear at this point, so I wont include that.

Minimum requirements:
- Advanced Open Water Diver minimum
- EANx
- Sport divers diving on Computer, not tables.

Deco divers need to be appropriately certified for deco dives.

Email me at tienuts at hotmail dot com to book a space. You can also text me at 954-805-4989. Due to my job, I cannot always answer my cell, so txt is better for me.

First come first serve.

If this works out well, I would like to book more double wrecks like this, for sport divers and deco divers.

vr24:
tienuts,
how "strict" are you on your requirements? I have dove and penetrated wrecks, etc. Not that big a deal, yet I'm not AOW, don't have a wreck cert, and refuse to dive nitrox, lol... maybe I can't dive with you guys? :)

I'm down with diving a 80-100 foot wreck followed by something more shallow. If you guys are doing something more typical like that, let me know, I'm always down.

Strict. This wreck lies in 111 feet of water, but when double dipping it, there is a good potential for DCS, or some other screwup. I am trying to minimize this risk.

Like I said, if there is enough interest in this kind of diving, I'd like to book more double wreck dives. We will do all sorts of wrecks if that is the case, including more shallow ones.

I have seen all the coral reefs I can stand in So Fla.

Well, I'm interested. I have the 24th off but need to see if I can find another diver that's interested in doing this as a deco dive. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom