Looking for Options to Dry Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Neely

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to set up a wash and drying station for my kit in my bathtub. Washing is no problem, but when it comes to hanging to dry I'm concerned about weight. Finding the weight of dry gear is easy, but trying to find the weight of wet gear before needing to a drying rack has become problematic. We don't really have much space for this kind of thing (no basement, no garage, etc.) so my hope was to find a way to set up a hanging rod over the tub.

Does anyone have an estimate of the weight of a full kit when wet? Do you have a more creative or better solution?

I hang my drysuit from a HangAir from closet door in my bathroom, with a big plastic storage tub underneath to catch the drips. Would work for a wetsuit, as well. I have a very small place. My BP/W lives in my car along with regs during the season. I dive freshwater only, so I don't bother much with rinsing my gear.

HangAir

What kind of hook do you have to support the weight of your drysuit, @Marie13? I was thinking about mounting a steel pole across the length of my bathtub, but the door and a tub might be easier. (I love the HangAir, by the way. I've been eyeballing that for a while.)

What kind of hook do you have to support the weight of your drysuit, @Marie13? I was thinking about mounting a steel pole across the length of my bathtub, but the door and a tub might be easier. (I love the HangAir, by the way. I've been eyeballing that for a while.)

The hook on the HangAir swivels. Big enough to go over top of door.

I have removable 1" pipe that hangs lengthwise over one of our bathtubs. Hangs on a pair of curtain rod holders. The hand shower attachment can rinse the stuff and it drys over the bathtub with the bath fan running.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom