Looking for Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went for the kubi set, but replaced the standard glove with a thicker rubber glove. Dove it two times today and so far so dry..

It was a pain in the *ss to get the gloves off again after the dive though. Maybe it just takes some practice.

It was a pain in the *ss to get the gloves off again after the dive though. Maybe it just takes some practice.

I use the handle of my halcyon explorer knife, it fits wonderfully between the rings. You can also keep something else in your car to help you remove them.

The Ultima DGS glove rings attache similar to the Kubi, Waterproof includes a small plastic tool that looks similar to a bicycle tire lever. Its purpose is to remove the hard ring that sandwiches the wrist seal with the suit side ring but I have heard of a few people using it to help pry their glove rings off after a dive. I imagine a plastic bicycle tire lever would work and not cause damage.

-Z

The Ultima DGS glove rings attache similar to the Kubi, Waterproof includes a small plastic tool that looks similar to a bicycle tire lever. Its purpose is to remove the hard ring that sandwiches the wrist seal with the suit side ring but I have heard of a few people using it to help pry their glove rings off after a dive. I imagine a plastic bicycle tire lever would work and not cause damage.

-Z

I do use it to pry my gloves open after a dive.

I went for the kubi set, but replaced the standard glove with a thicker rubber glove. Dove it two times today and so far so dry..

I lightly lubricate the glove oring oring and mating surface with silicone lube. I apply it then wipe down the surface with a paper towel. It helped me a lot and I have never had an accidental disconnect after almost 100 dives with them.

My only experience is with SiTech Antares (won't recommend) and Waterproof Ultima (seems really nice so far). The Ultimas are easy to don, easy to doff and seem robust enough for my use. And I can use cheap Showa gloves instead of ridiculously expensive "smurf" gloves.

Just my 0.02 bar.

My only experience is with SiTech Antares (won't recommend) and Waterproof Ultima (seems really nice so far). The Ultimas are easy to don, easy to doff and seem robust enough for my use. And I can use cheap Showa gloves instead of ridiculously expensive "smurf" gloves.

Just my 0.02 bar.

i thought smurf gloves and showa gloves were the same. What's the difference between the two?

-Z

Light lube on the O-ring. You can tune the grip of the O-ring with the amount of silicone on the O-ring. When they get really sticky (like you have) a little lube. Too much, buff it off with a towel (cloth or paper). I am about due for another round of lube on mine.

Why would anyone recommend a system that requires using a tool to pry the gloves off after a dive?

Doesn't sound very practical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom