Looking for Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course it is...gear configuration is a personal choice. I see folks make what I think are stupid choices all the time. For fox sake, I have 2 teenagers in my household and I am a retired military officer so I have played "dad" to some of our nation's finest on the high seas, and some not so bright. Just because you chose to infer something specific, albeit false, from what was posted here does not indicate anything wrong with the systems discussed nor does it indicate anything wrong with your thought process....perhaps a bit more Q&A to inquire a little more softly why one would choose the configuration they have and the method they employ to doff/don the configuration is warranted.

For one thing, the Ultima DGS is an incredibly secure system when properly locked together....one has to be very careless or blind to lock them together improperly. But that security comes with a price, and that price is that is a bit difficult to seperate. For some that means employing something that gives them more leverage, easy enough.

Funny, Si-Tech and Rolock users have complained that they sometimes have problems getting things connect properly so that their hands are dry, and that sometimes it is hard to turn the outer locking/release rings of the system.

Like I said, all the systems have their pro's and con's. Mileage may vary depending on personal experience.

-Z
Not sure why you are bent on turning this into a p*ss*ng contest. I asked a reasonable question which was succinctly answered in the immediate following post #20. I "liked" that response as it answered my question without a lecture.

Looking for Dry Gloves

Carry on.

Atlas Showa 720 Chemical Resistant Nitrile Work Gloves - ANY SIZE! FREE SHIP! | eBay
$4.41 per pair with free shipping if you order 12. They now have XXL, which I received last week. :)

SHOWA sent me a pair of 720s in xl and xxl. I have been using the xl...they seem to relax a bit as they break in. They were a little too form fitting when i first started using them but the water was warmer and the problem easily solved with a thinner liner glove. Now the xl fits real well with the yellow lines from the 495 gloves. I would love an extra set of the size XL but will pay a bit extra as I dont need a box/bag of 12 pairs kicking around. At that price they would be a great stocking stuffer for Xmas next year for my dive buddies.

-Z

If you use one of these dry gloves and you make a hole, does that mean that your drysuit will leak if you use an attachment like the Kubi ?

If you use one of these dry gloves and you make a hole, does that mean that your drysuit will leak if you use an attachment like the Kubi ?

Most people keep their normal wrist seals and use the dry glove system over those. A few brave souls go “sealless.”

Most people keep their normal wrist seals and use the dry glove system over those. A few brave souls go “sealless.”
That makes sense but then do the gloves get squeezed as you go deep ?

That makes sense but then do the gloves get squeezed as you go deep ?

I knew that was your next question. Most people, at least for deeper dives, stick a small diameter drinking straw (e.g., a coffee stirrer) or something else (e.g., thumb loop of undergarment) under the seal to equalize the glove.

I knew that was your next question. Most people, at least for deeper dives, stick a small diameter drinking straw (e.g., a coffee stirrer) or something else (e.g., thumb loop of undergarment) under the seal to equalize the glove.
That’s pretty cool, never thought of this...

This thread is of great interest to me as I am looking to add a dry glove system to my DUI CF200.
Will the SI Tech Quick Glove or Quick Clamp system work with such a system? I am looking something that I don't have to glue in.

Thanks.

I went for the kubi set, but replaced the standard glove with a thicker rubber glove. Dove it two times today and so far so dry..

It was a pain in the *ss to get the gloves off again after the dive though. Maybe it just takes some practice.

I did the same, replacing the gloves with thicker ones. The O-rings "break in" after a while, making it easier to remove the gloves post-dive. Make sure you do NOT use silicone on them, as the owner of Kubi tells me the O-ring material absorbs silicone and makes things worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom