Looking for divers to share a West Palm Beach Drift Wreck Charter April 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm bumping this thread since we are 1 month away from our boat charter in West Palm Beach.

There are a few spots left on our group charter in West Palm Beach with Florida Scuba Charters on Wednesday 4/17 & Thursday 4/18. Divers are welcome for one or both days, which will be 3-tank dive trips with an anticipated departure time of 10 am. Weather and conditions permitting, the diving will be on the area wrecks including the 3 wreck 'Mitzvah Corridor' and 4 wreck 'Governors Riverwalk'.

These are single tank (and usually) drift dives in depths of up to about 95'. You need a surface marker buoy. Dive skin and gloves are recommended. There will be a DM in the water but these are not guided dives.

The cost (including tax) is $95 per day. If you need tanks add $40 for 3 Steel 100 Air or $50 for 3 Steel 100 Nitrox tanks. A $50 deposit per diver per day is required to hold your spot. Dive gear can be rented at the boat. No Spearfishing.

Please contact me via the messaging system if interested.

Enjoy! Conditions were pretty decent last Saturday. Half knot of current, 30'viz (largely due to Lake O release 5 days before), 77degF at 85'. Large Bulls, Goliaths, eels, Loggerheads....

@time2sail. Excellent thanks for the update. This is about the time I start to obsessively and needlessly worry about conditions being poor and getting blown out.

On the other hand, here is the NOAA prediction for Thursday, March 28. This is about the biggest I remember. Wish I could see what it looked like from the Boynton Inlet

THURSDAY
North northeast winds 20 to 25 knots with gusts to
around 35 knots. Seas 13 to 15 feet with occasional seas to
19 feet. North northeast swell 6 to 10 feet. Intracoastal waters
rough in exposed areas. Chance of showers in the morning, then
slight chance of showers.

@time2sail. ... This is about the time I start to obsessively and needlessly worry about conditions being poor and getting blown out.

Just chime-ing in with a conditions report. Today was 80 ft of side viz, lil hazy but could safety stop see the bottom in 105ft. Clingy sharks (not bad ones) the whole time on all 3 tanks and still able to lobster and lion spear. 2 knot current so you could rock crawl back, but not fin. Cargo ships hugging the coast line to get out of the current, had to call the JDC boat but they completed their pickups easily.

Pumped to do these dives, people are telling me it is some of the best diving they have ever done, in Florida.

On the other hand, here is the NOAA prediction for Thursday, March 28. This is about the biggest I remember. Wish I could see what it looked like from the Boynton Inlet

THURSDAY
North northeast winds 20 to 25 knots with gusts to
around 35 knots. Seas 13 to 15 feet with occasional seas to
19 feet. North northeast swell 6 to 10 feet. Intracoastal waters
rough in exposed areas. Chance of showers in the morning, then
slight chance of showers.

Will definitely have to check out the Boynton Beach Inlet webcam! Might have to drive by after work tomorrow...should be a great show!

Pumped to do these dives, people are telling me it is some of the best diving they have ever done, in Florida.

The West Palm wreck trecks are on my top 10 list of all time dives and I've been all over the Caribbean with almost 400 dives to date. With one wreck after another, several with ample places to penetrate, goliath groupers, sharks and large healthy schools of reef fish, I felt like a kid in Disney World.

As we are now 2 weeks away from our Florida trip, I'll bump this thread one more time. We've got 9 out of 12 spots filled and I'm happy to say my charter costs are covered. Our group will also be diving in Jupiter on Friday morning and Boynton on Saturday afternoon, with wrecks being a priority on all dives, as conditions allow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom