Looking for advice on diving CCR around Puget Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

15-30m are very comfortable solo rec depths for me and I'm sure I'll be exploring various parts of Whidbey Island on my own via DPV.
But the chance to get very comfortable with deco dives is a big goal for the next 2-3 years leading up to CCR.

Yeah the tidal fun dives are awesome but most of us aren't doing enough buddy/team/formation skill circuits or carefully conducted open water ascents from deep SMB deployments.

Most people's plan is to be self-reliant and just get back to shore without futzing around.

The shops running GUE programs are certainly good at recruiting trainees into groups that will treat every(?) dive like a serious team style tech dive. Could get a bit tedious in Cove 2 or the Canal, but will pay off when it levels up to wilder sites.

Bunch of other groups/teams/clubs/agencies will be doing this also in other places. But seems a bit sparse in Washington. Might go in cycles?

Those are the skills I'm doing almost weekly and concerned about losing.
Hopefully can access those dives without going down the GUE route.

Perhaps just needs some momentum to get them going.

Those are the skills I'm doing almost weekly and concerned about losing.
Hopefully can access those dives without going down the GUE route.

Perhaps just needs some momentum to get them going.
Not very many OC tech divers around honestly. The price of helium has really put a crimp in the OC route. I'm not counting the rather routine deco diving done at whytecliff on air. But that site is super predictable

Back
Top Bottom