Looking for a good scuba bag??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karlomarx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all! So I own fins, snorkel and mask. That being said I don't want to haul this stuff around in the free bag the store gave me. Seeing the xmas is around the corner this is prime time to ask for a new nice bag :)

Can you guys suggest a nice duffel, mesh, type bag? Something good?

Sorry if this is a stupid question! I just figure you guys would know what some top gear is!! :)

Thanks everyone!
Karlo

anything that doesnt have a dive gear manufacturer logo on it... that just screams steal me at airports and resorts :D

cheers and goodluck :multi:

Haha, ya I guess that does make sense :) But whats an average cost of a nice mesh bag...? Under 50$

Who are some good makers?

just re-read your post... snorkle gear only????

in that case then yes, i would go for any mesh bag, something with a zipper that might open both sides. something with mesh will let the gear dry out and maybe handles big enough to go over your shoulder

cheers

I also like the mesh bags from Akona, although I use the backpack version. Akona Deluxe Mesh Backpack (AKB234) from LeisurePro.com

The backpack version is really nice when you need to hike to your dive site, and yes, I do hike to dive sites sometimes. This bag can hold a lot too! My entire cold water kit minus weights and tanks, but I can carry those as the same time as wearing the backpack.

I like the backpack mesh bag too. When traveling, I put it in a plain no dive brand luggage.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I have the basics... snorkel, fins, and mask. I'm presuming I will eventually buy more gear so I'm hoping the bag will have room for "growth" :)

I have the Akona backpack mesh bag and like it a lot. Bought it from ScubaToys which now sells its own version HERE . Don't know how the durabilities compare. The Akona version is quite strong.

Haha, ya I guess that does make sense :) But whats an average cost of a nice mesh bag...? Under 50$

Who are some good makers?

$15 & up here---free shipping I think they have now for a while(got an email the other stating that I believe).........I have bought the $20 models & am working on the same one for 10+ yrs now(actually bought a new last year thinking this one might go out & have put it up for now)....

Gear Bags | Scuba Gear Bags, Diving Gear Bags & Snorkeling Gear Bags at LeisurePro.com

EDIT:..the $20 model was a Stahlsac from years ago(still going STRONG)..I bought the $20(29") Blue Reef to replace when/if it goes out......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom