Philippines trip planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flight from Dumaguete to Manila by Cebu Pacific is NOT that expensive for Feb 2025 if you book it NOW.
Single(no check bag) is a mere P2,075.00(~US$36.00)!!! Get the early flight at 07:20 and you will be taking lunch in PG around 13:00. However, private transfer from NAIA to PG is expensive!!
The beach in Sipalay is a lot better than Dumaguete. 5hrs from Dumaguete and then exit through Bacolod to Manila, ie no back tracking. BTW, the single fare from BCD to MNL is even cheaper at P1,563.48(US$27.00). Diving in Sipalay is under rated.
So many places but so few times!

"Evolution" in Malapascua is my suggestion.
Thanks. Evolution looks real nice. I remember Cebu Pacific and the fares! Malapascua is a definite now, another piece of the puzzle. The beach looks awful nice in Dauin looking at a place called Mike's, and some dives at Apo Island. I am a big fan of this standalone sites, one of my "memory dives" was Gordo Banks off La Paz with schooling hammerheads!

The promotion fare don't last. Early bird gets the worm.

Also a stand alone resort.
Stayed there once yrs ago and I believe the place has been upgraded since. Zoe will reply all your questions in no time at all.

Out of the way unfortunately.
Snorkelling(no diving unless by chance meeting) with the whaleshark and Feb is the peak season. Great diving.

Don't know what you mean about a return ticket out of Cebu...maybe you're referring to having a return ticket to your place of origin (or out of the country? You definitely don't have to return via CEB and can fly Dumaguete to Manila and then home. In general, the "return ticket" rule is rarely enforced for people using First World passports; and in over twenty years of flying all around Asia on one, I've never been asked to show a return ticket at passport control.
Okey thanks

Hi, this is really helpful. We are planning a trip to the Philippines next February for a month+. Both Malapascua n Dauin for sure for a week+ esp after reading your notes. My wife only snorkels n the beaches look great...her favorite. Sounds like we could transport to Malapascua after flying to Cebu City...any recommendations on resorts? Then return to Cebu before going to Oslob for a whale shark dive, then ferry to Dumaguete...looking at Mikes's Dauin Beach Resort? From what I read, we have to have a return ticket out of Cebu, so guess we would have to come back Cebu. Sure would be easier to fly back to Manilla from Dumaguete, not sure if we can? Bohol looks interesting, but not sure if its worth taking the time over there, since we have friends in Puerto Galera and would like to spend a little time there. So remember Verde Is! Thanks
You’re welcome.

The trip to Mala is long and tiresome- but worth it!

Mala to Dauin is very, very long - but if you break it up staying in Oslob for the whale sharks, then may be ok (I was told it’s better to snorkel with the whale sharks instead of diving m, but not sure, if it’s true)

I’m not sure the snorkeling in Dauin is that good … will be good at Apo island, but then you need to make sure they make the trip out there - and have room for you/your wife.

For the dive/snorkel combo I think Bohol is better (be sure to book for Balicasag in advance).

If your international flight is into Manila, take a one way to Cebu, transfer to Mala, transfer to Bohol or Oslob/Dauin, then fly to Manila from wherever you choose and transfer to PG.

Hope you have a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom