Looking for a computer that can grow with me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting idea but my iPhone is too important to my daily life to risk flooding. Maybe I could fix the screen on my old phone and try.
You do not have to use your iphone: You can use an inexpensive iPOD touch and use it with Divephone. Even the Android phones that are size wise compatible with iphone4 will work. Divephone has also the Android software. If you want to try the App the lite version is free. The name of the App is Depth Monitor Lite.
There is a discount now, Instead of 390 Euro you can buy Divephone for 260 Euro with 30 days money back warranty if you are not satisfied.

I went through the same process you are now. I bought the predator after nearly a year of being told by the salesman about how great it was. True it is a trimix computer. True it does not tell you about doing a safety stop. But the biggest true about it is you dont have to have a book to run the darned thing. Get it set up once and you are good to go. the operation of it is the most intuitive computer i have used. The screen labls teh button functons as they operate at that monent. You would be hard pressed to find a computer that you will out grow. The display is large and bright. The display only shows you what you need to see. Drawbacks if any are cost, no integrated air, sunlight sensitive display. There was someone selling a pair for abound 1000 somewhere. Ther sherewater support staff is great and fast, Ther are very open to your opinions of what would make it better. Software kupgrades are simple and fast. As of now i will never stop using my predator.

Hi
I'm sort of looking at dive computers.
Right now I have a cressi Leonardo. It works fine but is very basic.

Ive been asking around a bit about computers and the Shearwater Petrel/predator comes up quite a bit, but the divers I have been diving with are very advanced divers. After watching some videos on the computers I wonder if they are just too much for me.
On the other hand I don't want to waste money on something that won't expand with me.
Right now I am just a recreational diver. I have aspirations in the future to dive doubles and take the advanced nitrox and decompression classes. These classes probably won't be until next year or later though. Even then I don't see myself doing extreme deco dives. More like dives to 100ft or so and staying a little longer than ndl allows.

I am looking for a wrist computer with a large display that can handle gas switching and deco without locking me out afterwards. Air integration is not important and I won't pay extra for it. If it comes for free I might use it for convenience but I will always have an Spg. I'll probably look to find this computer used. Maybe in the $400 range.
Do you have any suggestions?
I'm in no hurry to buy but I know eventually I will need something more than my Leonardo.

You can also look at the video and the extended log feature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx3pCedjp6o

20130302-1215.jpg

"the operation of it is the most intuitive computer i have used." TRY Divephone. With the Android or iphone multitouch screen you wiil see how intuitive it is. N limitation of space, coding and no limitation for abbreviations

"the operation of it is the most intuitive computer i have used." Watch the movie of Divephone, You can read teh display at 10 feet distance in turbid water. Divephone in action... - YouTube

MLA-FA 001 divephone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom