Looking at getting first gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there,

I have been diving for 6 months now and am currently working on my advanced cert. I am looking at buying my own gear and would welcome some opinions on the options that I have found.

option 1
Apollo
incursion BCD
reg BIO A-320
Occy BIO
Twin combo dive computer

Option 2
Mares
prestige or dragon BCD
Reg abyss 22 + mr22
rover occy
mission puck 2

Both sems like they will be fine for the light rec use off the queensland coast, Australia, that I will be doing. Both are about the same price point. Just apollo does not seem to have the same market presence as the mares. Is servicing either of these brands equipment a problem? Or reliability?
Or am I over thinking the issue

many thanks

Hey mate,

I'm pretty sure you won't have troubles servicing any apollo gear as they commonly sell to LDS around S.E QLD (I have a few apollo bits myself). Mares and scubapro do seem to be the most common brands seen around here, but I wouldn't let that affect your decision in anyway. If your not sure which dive shops service Apollo and Mares just give a few a ring I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out.
Where do you normally dive? I have been diving the seaway frequently the last few weeks and have planned on a few more while the weathers still good we should meet up and have a dive.
Cheers

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom