Lookie What I got!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe-Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
:D I'm building a vintage kit and I just got my tank. It's a vintage 1969 US Divers steel 72, in original box, never been wet. It's 34 years out of hydro but shouldn't be an issue as these things are bullet proof if taken care of. I realize there's no gaurantee but I have a place to take it. It's a perfect match for my '67 DA Aquamaster!

tank1.JPG

tank2.JPG

tank4.JPG

tank5.JPG

tank6.JPG

tank7.JPG

tank8.JPG

Wow! That's amazing!! Where did you stumble across that little beauty!?

Why does anyone keep a perfectly good scubatank in its box for 30+ years :confused:

Looks great though :D

I scored it from a collector in Ohio. He's on the Vintage Double Hose forums and was selling off part of his vast collection. He has some really nice vintage double hose regs he's letting go. A tank like this is a rare find, especially in original packaging and unused. All I have left to collect is a backpack and vintage fins. I have a vintage USD Atlantis oval mask, Calypso depth guage, the '67 DA and a USD knife...the old ones with the metal pommel. I'm almost there....targeting a mid/late 60's USD kit. I'll be fun to play with, and I'l take it out to CSSP this summer, diving it Sunday afternoon after all the classes are done. I'm sure the new OW's will get a real kick out of it. So, this summer, if you see some dude on the plane looking like something out of Sea Hunt....it's probably me.

Didn't you mean gross? :)
Grouse is a bird...
Unless you meant the box looks like a gross grouse ...:D

grouse as in cool, excellent, very good... honestly, i know im speaking english but sometimes you guys dont understand me :wink:

This is so cool ! ! er, I mean grouse; or cool! Or whatever the term is.
Wow! Joe-Diver, you have to announce this to the board or PM me when you are taking this thing out to CSSP. I have to see this!

Congratulations on your passion. This is so cool!

'sick'= Awesome!!!!
:wink:

Wow!! That is very cool.. I always seem to look at the vintage stuff on Ebay, some really neat stuff.

Back
Top Bottom