Long hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't stand people who talk to much and listen less, good luck to all of you, (Like I care what you do ) Just don't try and kill people with stupid advice. that's uncool

P.S strive to be leaders, because followers get the Kool-aid( no agency pun intended)

novadiver:
I just tried to tell you all the reason for routing a long hose behind the wing.
I dive by myself often and can't make simple mistakes, because there is no one to help me out. Am I a master instructor , hell no. I can't stand people. I like the quiet of diving solo.
You should not even bother with the 7' hose then. No need for it.

But I should add that I do enjoy your train wrecks here Nova...and I also like the hose behind the wing for double tanks setup....go figure :wink:

Wow ... all that acrimony over which side of the wing to route your hose on? Amazing!

What's next ... the safest condoms to wear with your P-valves?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Wow ... all that acrimony over which side of the wing to route your hose on? Amazing!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Its either that..or argue about Rock boots :D

Actually, the argument wasn't about the routing of the LH. It was about someone being abrasive towards divers that do it differently than him. Some people don't appreciate being called stupid for running the hose in a slightly different manner. And all that from a guy that can't find buddies to dive with because he admits, he hates people. Go figure.

mempilot:
Actually, the argument wasn't about the routing of the LH. It was about someone being abrasive towards divers that do it differently than him. Some people don't appreciate being called stupid for running the hose in a slightly different manner. And all that from a guy that can't find buddies to dive with because he admits, he hates people. Go figure.
I'm sure you got the warning from Dee also, now step off or take it to PM

novadiver in another post:
...I wanted to piont out that a disadvantage to anything is a closed mind...
novadiver:
Trust me ,it does, and that's why .
Several very competant and knowledgeable divers with tech training from different agencies have pointed out that the long hose routing works both ways. No one here has disputed that your way works just fine. I've done it both ways myself and as someone pointed out, routing in front of the wing causes it to crumple. I have no problem ending up with a completely empty wing at the end of the dive, so I'm guessing it doesn't cause gas trapping or uncontrolled ascents. As for the trim - I find it no big deal to move gas back and forth to even things out.

NWGratefulDiver:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Choosing the right overboard discharge valve attachments is not a subject to be taken lightly! Unless you don't mind your boots squishing when you walk that is.

novadiver:
I'm sure you got the warning from Dee also, now step off or take it to PM

Does Dee have strong opinion about long hose routing too?

MikeFerrara:
Does Dee have strong opinion about long hose routing too?
OMG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom