Long hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saying

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Behind (easier on the hose, takes up more slack)
or
in front (closer to the body/more streamlined [I guess], and easier to donate [I guess])
of the wing?

Between the wing and the diver. If you try to get it behind the wing, it'll never stay there, and you'll never be able to get it back up there when you restow it. You shouldn't hvae slack to take up anyway.. if you do, you have the wrong hose or you're not stowing it properly on your body in the first place.

Think about in the water, not on the surface.. the wing curls up against the tank in the water, it doesn't stay close to the diver's back at all.

saying:
or
in front (closer to the body/more streamlined [I guess], and easier to donate [I guess])
of the wing?
Saying, It goes in between the tank and the wing, PM me and I'll tell you why.

novadiver:
Saying, It goes in between the tank and the wing, PM me and I'll tell you why.
Why not tell us here so we can all benefit?

Ooooohhhh . . . . . :mad1:

Take the class? Why do you say that? Do think diving with a long hose is proprietary knowledge in someway? Whatever.

What class should I be taking? The Hogarthian Diving Class? Is that PADI?

PM returned, nothing personal about the " take the class " comment, but this is the hog forum not the DIR forum. most people dive the long hose and don't know proper routing . that's their problem. I've at least taken a tech class and I also dive a hog rig. That gives me the knowledge to respond to the question.

I'm not trying to start the HOG vs. DIR thing again, We all know how that goes :)

saying:
or
of the wing?

Run it down the right side of your body and under the cannister light, or if you're not carrying a cannister light, tuck it into the waist harness. Then, run it diagonally up the chest and around the back of the neck.

If you carry a deco bottle on the right side, run it over the right shoulder, tuck it in the waist harness towards the front, back up the chest, and around the back of the neck.

This way the hose will not be interferred with during deployment.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom