Long hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another problem I have when diving single-tank is that because of my very very short torso, there is no way I am able to tuck the loop of my long hose if I have it routed behind the wing. It just tends to pop out from behind the wing as soon as I tuck it.

*shrug* oh well. AFAIC it's kind of a moot point.

And please call me ICEHOLE, It's going to be my new name soon. the novadiver name just starts to much flaming. I guess I have a bad rep.[/QUOTE]
Hey Nova Diver.:D That sounds like a great handle!! You should hurry up and change it... someone else will shurly jump you to it :rofl3: :rofl3:

timegan:
Hey Nova Diver.:D That sounds like a great handle!! You should hurry up and change it... someone else will shurly jump you to it :rofl3: :rofl3:
Nova has long since been banned.

Jason B:
Yet we still find need to bang our heads against the wall from time to time. :D
I miss Nova. John was a fun guy.

I have a problem with my long hose sometimes. During the dive the hose will work itself under my 2nd stage on my backup....I have my backup bungeed with the shortest possible length so its not like its just dangling there.

The long hose routes under a pocket on my right thigh (7 foot hose BTW) and then across my chest. Throughout the dive I am always checking this and putting the long hose on top of my backup in case i need to deploy it. On occasion it will get caught up on the backup when deploying...

anyone else have this occur? if so, what did u do aboot it?

Thanks,

Jason

I'm having hard time picturing what's going on... your short hose is coming over your right shoulder and necklaced hanging just below your chin. Your long hose then routes down to a thigh pocket?!?! (I assume you mean hip pocket - attached to your harness) then across your chest, around the back of your neck and into your mouth from the right side. Routing it this way, at all times the long hose will be on top of the short hose so I don't see how it's getting caught.

Am I misunderstanding the way you are routing it?

Yes, right hip pocket attached to harness. Halcyon if this helps you understand.

So you're saying the long hose should always be routed over the backup reg? I've seen it where the long house is routed across the chest and doesnt even touch the backup reg.

jepuskar:
So you're saying the long hose should always be routed over the backup reg? I've seen it where the long house is routed across the chest and doesnt even touch the backup reg.
Behind the neck yes...
In the chest area, no....

hate to restart a semi dead thread...but in the latest dive training magazine, the tec' divers have their long hoses bunchied to the tanks by a piece of rubber or something. has anyone tried that. ill try to find a picture and post it as soon as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom