Long hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver:
Good thing the pros around this thread are here to take care of me. If only they would post some real info on the subject.

I thought that's what you were and that you were here to take care of all of them?

As far as I can tell, you are the only one claiming to be all knowing and a pro.

novadiver:
that's in doubles , what is entry level advanced nitrox ? is this were you tell me I'm a stroke because I'm not trimix

I only use the term stroke in jest.

I was pointing out that advanced nitrox is entry level technical training like cavern training is entry level overhead training. Not having trimix experience (or cave experience) doesn't make you a stroke but it does make you less experienced than some others.

Posts like some of those you've posted in this thread are more likely to get you called a lemming than a stroke. Where's oring when you need him?

novadiver:
If you can't hold your own on a message board , how do you hold your own in the ocean. It sounds like your not up to the challenge

You get me wrong 'my arrogance' of the Hog. I'm up for the challenge, but I think you already lost. I wouldn't want to kick a dead horse. That must have been a tall fall.

As for holding my own in the ocean, well, I do just fine. :)

I kinda have to agree w/ nova to a point. THats what I was reffering to when I said I looked at some pics and didnt like what I saw. In my profile pic you can tell that the wing isnt allowed to run the ful length of the tanks as the Lhose coming across interfeers w/ it. Does it interfeer w/ dumping? Not that I could tell. I had it like that cause I didnt have a light can, as it would be hard to route behind the wing w/o one.

novadiver:
It's in the profile. I guess I could go back to diving my sea elite systems jacket, OOPs I already butchered it into a sidemount rig. I guess this is also entry level diving. good thing the pros around this thread are here to take care of me. If only they would post some real info on the subject.

I like a harness with a regular wing for sidemount. I've seen guys use jackets but...yuk...I like the harness beter. I had a guy make mine but it needs some changes and the next one I'll make myself.

No...diving systems where sidemount is required isn't entry level. It can be lots of things but entry level isn't one of them.

saying:
Behind (easier on the hose, takes up more slack)
or
in front (closer to the body/more streamlined [I guess], and easier to donate [I guess])
of the wing?

When I dive doubles I bungy my long hose to my right tank. A cord low and a cord high (on the tank) keeps it totally clean. I was never a fan of any sort of body wrap with the hose. When I need to deploy it comes out easy and clean without grabbing anything else along the way.

You can't restow with this method of course. If for some reason you need to restow you'll need to wrap it. For non-training dives if I have to deploy my first primary/long hose we are going straight to the first stop anyway.

--Matt

I just tried to tell you all the reason for routing a long hose behind the wing. If that's not the way you do it well, good for you. most all diving has roots in safety, but some people just won't get it. That doesn't make me a dork ,stroke, or a joke. It makes me into a diver that has learned the small lessons in life the hard way. I dive by myself often and can't make simple mistakes, because there is no one to help me out. Am I a master instructor , hell no. I can't stand people. I like the quiet of diving solo. I like these boards because they tend to talk about diving, and incase you haven't realized " I do like diving, anytime , condition, viz, temp,flow,salt , fresh, whatever" anything short of a septic system I'll dive.

That's dedication !

Despite which way might be "better" for the wrapping of the long hose I find that I just plain can't get it to nestle neatly between my 45# wing and doubles tanks. My arm doesn't bend that way :wink:

The only time it sits along the tank is just before I put my gear on. Once I've done a pre-dive S-drill it's kind of a hopeless cause to get it back there. I have had no problems with wing-crimping or gas dumping from either inflator hose (during initial descent) or rear dump (throughout dive).

FWIW I use DIN first stages with all hoses leaving them heading straight down.

That said, when I did my DIR-F course in a 36# Pioneer wing and single tank, I had the same problem. My instructor pointed out that the hose was "supposed to" sit "behind" the wing, and helped me to adjust it pre-dive, but I don't recall now the explanations. I still couldn't get it re-stowed behind the wing, but then, we were too busy with other things to care much about anything other than if it was stowed.... :D

Nova,

I didn't have a problem with you until you started getting arrogant and posting your little comments about "going back to class", or "fashion show" or "you can't hold your own in the ocean". You sharing your opinion is well welcomed. You implying to others that "they are stupid" is not. I called you out on that, not your knowledge or experience. Change your approach, drop the arrogance, and you'll go along way to keeping the thread a friendly exchange of knowledge.

Mem

novadiver:
I just tried to tell you all the reason for routing a long hose behind the wing. If that's not the way you do it well, good for you. most all diving has roots in safety, but some people just won't get it. That doesn't make me a dork ,stroke, or a joke. It makes me into a diver that has learned the small lessons in life the hard way. I dive by myself often and can't make simple mistakes, because there is no one to help me out. Am I a master instructor , hell no. I can't stand people. I like the quiet of diving solo. I like these boards because they tend to talk about diving, and incase you haven't realized " I do like diving, anytime , condition, viz, temp,flow,salt , fresh, whatever" anything short of a septic system I'll dive.

That's dedication !

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom