Login has half second memory if you don't click "Remember me?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know there was an issue with the login on the main page before the upgrade. It appears to be sticking around, and possibly getting slightly worse. Login on the main page gave me the "thanks for logging in" redirect page, then goes back to the unlogged in main page. Previously, when this happened, I went to a subforum or thread and I was logged in. Not this time. I popped into a subforum (Q&A for agencies because it happened to end up under my cursor when i scrolled down) and I was still not logged in. I tried logging in from there, and got redirected back to Q&A guest page.

Why do I only stay logged in for half a second if I don't click Remember me? I was slightly reluctant to click that as I'm on a somewhat public computer as was fine with logging in again if I'm back here next week.

Did you remove all of your cookies from scubaboard and try again?

This was a problem with vBulletin 3... But has not been reported with vBulletin 4. So I would have to believe it's related to the machine you're on. Either it's not storing cookies at all, or you have too many cookies and it's confused.

I didn't check the cookies since it worked when I clicked "remember me". I thought it was odd, but whatever. If I have some time tomorrow, I'll see about trying it again on that machine to see if it repeats itself, then I'll check the cookies if it allows me to.

I still can't get the login to remember me. I have deleted cookies numerous times, shut off the 'puter, and when I came back still had to log in everytime...Tiresome.

What seems odd to me, is although I am logged on to SB, when I want to go to my images in Photo Gallery, I have to log in again. This happens both here on the computers at work, and on the ones at home.

Not a major issue, just an irritation.

What seems odd to me, is although I am logged on to SB, when I want to go to my images in Photo Gallery, I have to log in again. This happens both here on the computers at work, and on the ones at home.

Not a major issue, just an irritation.

Buried among talk of other problems, there's an ongoing discussion about Gallery login problems. (Enough people have asked about this that I don't know if a mod wants to take the time to pull the posts into a separate thread.)

I still can't get the login to remember me. I have deleted cookies numerous times, shut off the 'puter, and when I came back still had to log in everytime...Tiresome.
What browser/version are you using?

It's an intermittent problem. I run IE9 on Windows 7 and had to login the very first time after the upgrade - since then I am always connected when I hit the Galllery button on any forum page. Other's seem to have your problem, having to login each time.

The problem at work is also liikely related to this:
Some of my log in issues my actually be on this end, as the store has been playing around with privacy and security setting, so no cookies are ever stored on any computers. I will see how it works on the home machines later.

As that's how it works.

The Gallery is actually a separate module from Photopost so there may be some switch we have to throw in .vB 4.x to make it work. Photopost supports .vB 4.x according to their site. It may have to wait for the new skin to be installed next month - I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Steve, I use IE7 & Window's XP

Steve, I use IE7 & Window's XP
That is more than likely the problem. We're finding there's an incompatibility with IE7 and .vBulletin 4.x - the board software. Try doing a browser upgrade.

Yeah... IE8 and higher works.... Firefox 3 and higher works fine. Chrome also works fine.
Also delete the SB cookies, log off and log back in. Let us know if there's still a problem - in a few cases there is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom