Login has half second memory if you don't click "Remember me?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you remove all of your cookies from scubaboard and try again?

This was a problem with vBulletin 3... But has not been reported with vBulletin 4. So I would have to believe it's related to the machine you're on. Either it's not storing cookies at all, or you have too many cookies and it's confused.

Can I report a problem with it now? I just started using Chrome (SB seems to load a lot faster than IE9), tried logging in for the second or third time ever via Chrome and the login redirect brings me back to the unlogged in Home page. If I click the Forum tab, it'll show me as logged in. As a test, I deleted all my cookies (all 14 of them, or something) and reopened SB. same thing. I closed SB and reopened it to the Home page, not logged in though I should have been cause I had "remember me" checked. I click the Forum tab and bingo, I'm logged in, so cookies not getting saved isn't the issue. It looks like if I get to the Home page from anywhere other than a page on SB that shows "Welcome, oreocookie" at the top, it'll show me the guest version of the page.

Can I report a problem with it now? I just started using Chrome (SB seems to load a lot faster than IE9), tried logging in for the second or third time ever via Chrome and the login redirect brings me back to the unlogged in Home page. If I click the Forum tab, it'll show me as logged in. As a test, I deleted all my cookies (all 14 of them, or something) and reopened SB. same thing. I closed SB and reopened it to the Home page, not logged in though I should have been cause I had "remember me" checked. I click the Forum tab and bingo, I'm logged in, so cookies not getting saved isn't the issue. It looks like if I get to the Home page from anywhere other than a page on SB that shows "Welcome, oreocookie" at the top, it'll show me the guest version of the page.

There were some past issues with the redirect from the main page. I haven't been able to duplicate the problem but it's been mentioned by others. For the time being, I would suggest bookmarking the Forums tab, your User CP or similar until this issue can be looked at.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom