logged dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not to be off topic or seem ignorant, but what dies NEMO mean?

nielsent:
Not to be off topic or seem ignorant, but what dies NEMO mean?

It's a big pool, but a pool none the less.

I log all my dives except pool work. It is super easy, hook up cable to atom 2.0, download onto computer, print hard copy for log book. On a side note, is there a Padi time and depth requirement for a dive in order for it to be counted towards your DM?

From the PADI Instructor Manual GS&P:
For training purposes, an open water dive is a dive during which a student diver spends the majority of time at a depth of at least 5 metres/15 feet and:
a. breathes at least 1400 litres or 50 cubic feet of compressed gas.
OR
b. remains submerged for at least 20 minutes.

Which seems a reasonable criterion for assessing the required dives for DM. Of course, if a potential DMT turns up with a logbook full of 20-minute, 20-foot dives, some of us get a little suspicious... :no:

Grae

I log all dives I do myself. In all honesty the dives are only records and nothing more then that. When you take certain courses they ask for proof of dives that meet minimum criteria such as 20 feet for 20 minutes as an example. Now for pools I do log some of them if there is a particular good reason for it such as gear check outs or perhaps learning a skill useful to open water dives.

Dive logs are nothing you are required to do but there are some activities that from time to time ask for a dive log to prove you have dove in the last x number of months.

I personaly know a handful of divers who never log anything at all. :no:

To keep up with logging dives..found it's easier to keep current by having the day's PrePlan on top of the page..(including tasks)..then at the end of the day logging the actual dives on the bottom..

I do list Pool/Confined work when specialized skills/tools are involved....
(just not listed as a dive)

Divers that jump in for 20'/20minute dives to qualify for DM training... short change themselves.

Do people actually do the 20' for 20 min dive. Has anyone actually seen it.

Yes and yes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom