logged dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

palmm

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What do you guys log, training dives, pool, or just the dives outside of classes, any opinions.

Training dives are dives. Pool dives are not dives unless they are in NEMO. I do keep a record of some pool time more for reference than anything. Once in awhile you runt into a student who has an issue that is not common. It helps to be able to go back and see what if anything you did to help someone with a similar one. Dives outside of classes are always logged and at least for me every dive is a training dive of some type at some point.

I log training dives though I mark them as training dives just for my own interest to distinguish them from my recreational dives.

I don't log pool dives. Not sure I would even in Nemo, depends how I'm feeling when logging I guess :) Probably maybe one dive there but if I did more than one they'd be relegated to pool dives and not logged :)

I logged an aquarium dive as it was a novelty but again if I was doing lots of aquarium dives I wouldn't log them. I might write down details but not count them in my dive count.

To each their own!

I log everything except pool dives. I logged an aquarium dive. I've logged a 12 minute dive the same as a 2 hour dive. If someone doesn't approve of how you log your dives remind them it's not their business :)

I was told that >1.5ATA counts as a dive, water or no water.

so depending on your insurance.... just go for a ride in a deco if you need to get your dives up :)

I log all my dives except pool work. It is super easy, hook up cable to atom 2.0, download onto computer, print hard copy for log book. On a side note, is there a Padi time and depth requirement for a dive in order for it to be counted towards your DM?

I log all training, recreational & technical dives. I do not log pool dives, if so, I would have over 600 dives instead of 400. To be honest, some of my favorite logged dives have averaged less than 10 ft deep (Sipadan Island, Malaysia & the Devil's run at Ginnie Springs), but I still counted them.

I log everything except pool dives. I logged an aquarium dive. I've logged a 12 minute dive the same as a 2 hour dive. If someone doesn't approve of how you log your dives remind them it's not their business :)

This is exactly how I feel. It's your log. Do it for your benefit, whatever that might be. I log them for future reference, such as exposure protection used, weight carried, equipment issues, SAC calculations, etc. You log yours for your own reasons and don't worry about other peoples opinions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom