Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IANAL, but in my experience as an expat in several countries and traveling widely as a tourist, this type of law (restrictions on items brought into a country for personal use) is extremely common, not unusual at all.

Many travelers are unaware of these laws, often until they get off the plane and into difficulty.

Enforcement does tend to be spotty, generating stories and complaints from self-entitled travelers who were ignorant of the law.

Sure, it's helpful for @gopbroek to publicize this, since it seems to come as a surprise to some. I'd say that's no substitute for checking the import regulations yourself -- I wouldn't trust a news article to be a complete or accurate guide of what to bring to Mexico (or anywhere else).
You’re on vacation. Other than your phone, leave the electronics and go outside. If you have kids, pack a deck of cards and a board game for the potential rainy days. Or go out with them and splash in the puddles.

You’re on vacation. Other than your phone, leave the electronics and go outside. If you have kids, pack a deck of cards and a board game for the potential rainy days. Or go out with them and splash in the puddles.
Ha, for many years my family took dive vacations to Grand Cayman. We often played crazy eights while waiting on our food atone of the restaurants, it was time well spent.

Ha, for many years my family took dive vacations to Grand Cayman. We often played crazy eights while waiting on our food atone of the restaurants, it was time well spent.
Good family time. With me and my kids, it was mostly Gin Rummy and UNO.

My wife is an enthusiastic UW photographer; she uses her laptop to download her photos and videos every day and to display them on a larger platform than the camera display. Likewise, I am the family videographer, and I download my footage and still shots daily to her laptop.

There is a TV in the room but I never turn it on. I read a lot.

I use my iPad to keep up with ScubaBoard and to send photos to my friends to make them jealous. :D

My wife is an enthusiastic UW photographer; she uses her laptop to download her photos and videos every day and to display them on a larger platform than the camera display. Likewise, I am the family videographer, and I download my footage and still shots daily to her laptop.

I use my iPad to keep up with ScubaBoard and to send photos to my friends to make them jealous. :D
I also download photos to a LT. Some of us also still have to work on occasion, even if on "vacation"

Well…
There ARE always exceptions. 😀

Well…
There ARE always exceptions. 😀
We've seen many reports of photographers losing their cameras. Insurance can replace those easily enough, but not the lost photos.
If you’re working, you’re not truly on vacation. IMO.
But then that's not a requirement for trips.

Unfortunately that seems to be the expectation of many jobs these days.

In addition, sometimes people take mixed-purpose trips -- for example, two weeks away for the family, but 1 person (or more) has to work for one of those weeks.

OK. I guess

If I am on a liveaboard, I cannot be contacted. If I am landbased, I am available if I choose to be. Some jobs are like that. I mean, there are many ways to live a life that are not yours, so...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom