Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if the post will shine a light on an unusual law, like this or bringing pseudoephedrine to Mexico,
IANAL, but in my experience as an expat in several countries and traveling widely as a tourist, this type of law (restrictions on items brought into a country for personal use) is extremely common, not unusual at all.

Many travelers are unaware of these laws, often until they get off the plane and into difficulty.

Enforcement does tend to be spotty, generating stories and complaints from self-entitled travelers who were ignorant of the law.

Sure, it's helpful for @gopbroek to publicize this, since it seems to come as a surprise to some. I'd say that's no substitute for checking the import regulations yourself -- I wouldn't trust a news article to be a complete or accurate guide of what to bring to Mexico (or anywhere else).

IANAL, but in my experience as an expat in several countries and traveling widely as a tourist, this type of law (restrictions on items brought into a country for personal use) is extremely common, not unusual at all.

Many travelers are unaware of these laws, often until they get off the plane and into difficulty.

Enforcement does tend to be spotty, generating stories and complaints from self-entitled travelers who were ignorant of the law.

Sure, it's helpful for @gopbroek to publicize this, since it seems to come as a surprise to some. I'd say that's no substitute for checking the import regulations yourself -- I wouldn't trust a news article to be a complete or accurate guide of what to bring to Mexico (or anywhere else).
That rule about laptops and iPads would have been a surprise to me had I run afoul of it. Where might I find out what all the gotchas are?

That rule about laptops and iPads would have been a surprise to me had I run afoul of it. Where might I find out what all the gotchas are?
IANAL, but I'd probably start with something like:
mexico customs import regulations at DuckDuckGo
which [eventually] leads to:
https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinounido/index.php/es/contenido/79-customs-and-migration-information
(note that this is from the Mexican government, not Forbes magazine, and is in English), which points to the definitive source in Spanish:
https://anam.gob.mx/equipaje-y-franquicia/

This may also help:
https://anam-gob-mx.translate.goog/..._sl=it&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

As far as my research fee....you can buy me an adult beverage the next time we're in CZM together. :)

In other breaking news:

Foreign Countries Have Their Own Laws and Enforce Them!
What a useless & snarky reply. Thanks for that
No, mine is to call out out of line behavior
rmssetc stated a fact (ya bit bit obvious but...), you took to a personal attack. So whose '... line of behavior...' should be called out?

Out of line by whose determination, may I ask?
Mine.
you took to a personal attack. So whose '... line of behavior...' should be called out?
No personal attacks going on. everything here is about the comments not anyone personally.

So there's not too many off topic posts this will be my final response
My intention was to address a comment I saw as belittling and disrespectful. Lets try and be more constructive in the future, as rmssetc more recent posts are :)

Back
Top Bottom