Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Club Cozumel is closing at the end of the month
They aren’t responding to emails and when I finally got through to a toll free number in the states they said they aren’t taking reservations because they are remodeling and don’t know when the work will be done. But now hearing closed for good. Anyway, don’t wait for a reply from them…find something else.

Spoke to Sofia this morning about our trip next March. She was literally in tears on the phone and confirmed they are closing at the end of this month :crying: I feel so sad for all my Scuba Club family and friends, especially the long term employees.

Hopefully the closure is a temporary thing, but I am guessing the closure is permanent until / unless new owners are found. Anyone know who owns Scuba Club, and who to contact about possible purchase of the business - hotel and on site dive shop ??

Divegoose
Shocked and saddened to hear this, but thanks for confirming with Sofia. All those great people out of jobs — the hotel, the restaurant, and the dive shop.

They aren’t responding to emails and when I finally got through to a toll free number in the states they said they aren’t taking reservations because they are remodeling and don’t know when the work will be done. But now hearing closed for good. Anyway, don’t wait for a reply from them…find something else.
This is a message I got from a Scuba Club staff member earlier today:

"It's official, we've already spoken with the owner and he told us that it's closing for good. "

Such a sad situation for all involved :sadness:

Divegoose

Which restaurant was that?
“in the hotel zone” - I would have thought they’d find it down south or on the east side. Hmmmm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom