Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like all of Palancar and Colombia except for Colombia Shallows unless "Intermedio" means "Shallows".
The list says Palancar caves and bricks and all of Colombia. Somero is shallows. Intermedio is intermediate and I read it as what most know as just "regular" Colombia. This is the same list and dates that I have from 2020. It has not changed that I noticed.

Has any organization tracked reef reproduction with and without the closures to see how effective the rolling closures have been?

Has any organization tracked reef reproduction with and without the closures to see how effective the rolling closures have been?
I am skeptical. Closing some of the reefs simply increases traffic on the reefs that are not closed; it seems to me that it all works out the same in the end. But it's their country and their rules.

I am skeptical. Closing some of the reefs simply increases traffic on the reefs that are not closed; it seems to me that it all works out the same in the end. But it's their country and their rules.

They implemented this during the stony coral disease and never stopped. It was a feel good measure at best. Don't look for science or rationale around it.

The article refers to the driver who was attacked as a "digital platform driver"; does that mean that he was driving for Uber or Lyft?
Dunno which digital platform, but at least something like those. In Cancún, my money would be on Uber.

Sounds like Eiby to me. It's the uber-like app that lets you call for taxi service in Cozumel. I used it a lot earlier this year. Benefits are rates are cheaper, known price, car/driver details, and map with realtime location tracking.
For absolute certain, Eiby Taxi's rates are significantly higher than the official rate chart. It still might be cheaper compared to drivers who deny the existence of the chart or make up some bogus exception to pad the fare.

For absolute certain, Eiby Taxi's rates are significantly higher than the official rate chart. It still might be cheaper compared to drivers who deny the existence of the chart or make up some bogus exception to pad the fare.

I just addressed this in another reply to you. For locals, Eiby might be higher than official rates though I think the added benefits are worth something. For tourists, it's a no-brainer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom