Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welp, I didn't need to see a picture of a dead motorcyclist while reading that article but thanks, Riviera Maya News!
I just imagined he was a worker taking a siesta

The article refers to the driver who was attacked as a "digital platform driver"; does that mean that he was driving for Uber or Lyft?
Not sure but it would be in line with previous attacks.

The article refers to the driver who was attacked as a "digital platform driver"; does that mean that he was driving for Uber or Lyft?
There are many liceneced transport companies that can pick up at airport. Its like Cozumel, there was a guy from the taxi association who was responsible for delegating passengers to taxis at the cruise terminals. He was extorting money from his fellow taxi workers by making them pay him x dollars per day in order to do pickups at the cruise terminals. That is outside the normal fees paid to taxi union. he was making some coin! He was relieved of that position after about a year ripping off his co workers.....

There are many liceneced transport companies that can pick up at airport. Its like Cozumel, there was a guy from the taxi association who was responsible for delegating passengers to taxis at the cruise terminals. He was extorting money from his fellow taxi workers by making them pay him x dollars per day in order to do pickups at the cruise terminals. That is outside the normal fees paid to taxi union. he was making some coin! He was relieved of that position after about a year ripping off his co workers.....
My question was what is meant by the label "digital platform driver". That sounds like Uber and Lyft to me.

My question was what is meant by the label "digital platform driver". That sounds like Uber and Lyft to me.

Sounds like Eiby to me. It's the uber-like app that lets you call for taxi service in Cozumel. I used it a lot earlier this year. Benefits are rates are cheaper, known price, car/driver details, and map with realtime location tracking.

Sounds like Eiby to me. It's the uber-like app that lets you call for taxi service in Cozumel. I used it a lot earlier this year. Benefits are rates are cheaper, known price, car/driver details, and map with realtime location tracking.

That sounds a little like what I saw in Poland last summer. You could book on line with Uber or you could hail a cab on the street, but they were the same drivers, the same cars, and the same fares.

I can't get the app to work in both directions. I can book from town to hotel north but not hotel north to town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom