Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heading down to Coz toward the end of August. How’s the sargassum this year?

I was on Cozumel a month ago; the sargassum is there on the east side and not on the west side. It may not be as bad as last year, but we went later this year than last. In the Gulf north of the Yucatan I saw vast rivers of the stuff from the plane.

When are you going? I'm wanting to take a trip there, too. Who do you dive with?

This is a little extreme in my opinion.
And if I were to commit a crime, the first thing I would do is steal someone's vest and helmet.

I understand the thinking on this but doubt it will be effective. I suspect the enforcement will be selective, making it ineffective for crime prevention, but a great source for income by selective enforcement for bribes. I also wonder how it will workout with rentals.

Welp, I didn't need to see a picture of a dead motorcyclist while reading that article but thanks, Riviera Maya News!

I understand the thinking on this but doubt it will be effective. I suspect the enforcement will be selective, making it ineffective for crime prevention, but a great source for income by selective enforcement for bribes. I also wonder how it will workout with rentals.
And increased traffic $tops for out-of-state/out-of-country tourists who ride their own motorcycle into QR, without a vest & helmet that match the license plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom