Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never carry the red pseudoephedrine pills as they're too obvious. I think that they are what the meth makers actually use altho I'm not sure. White pseudoephedrine plus antihistamine pills are easier to ignore and work better as well.
As I understand it the industrial scale of meth production in Mexico was originally done with bulk loads of precursors from asia. Around 2007 they busted chinese -mexican importer Zhenli Ye Gon with $207M USD in his home in Mexico city, which was never seen again and they were unable to actually prove he broke any laws. This caused international embarrassment for Mexico so they reacted by banning Sudafed as a PR gesture.
This only really had the effect of limiting local kitchen batch production of meth but had no effect on the cartel industrial scale labs. Since then they supposedly have learned to manufacture the precursors from available dual use chemicals.
AND WE STILL CAN'T BUY REAL SUDAFED IN MEXICO:(🙁🙁🙁🙁

...so they reacted by banning Sudafed as a PR gesture.
It also gives license to unscrupulous Customs officials to harass and extort from tourists who are using small quantities of pseudoephedrine for legitimate purposes.

It also gives license to unscrupulous Customs officials to harass and extort from tourists who are using small quantities of pseudoephedrine for legitimate purposes.
My doctor told me to stop using sudafed due to my BP so I switched to Zyrtec (Sam's club generic @ 400/$15) which seems to work as well for me.
And it's dual use as I also give it to my Boxer to help relieve her chewing on her itchy paws.

My doctor told me to stop using sudafed due to my BP so I switched to Zyrtec (Sam's club generic @ 400/$15) which seems to work as well for me.
And it's dual use as I also give it to my Boxer to help relieve her chewing on her itchy paws.
Pseudoephedrine can indeed be bad for BP so caution is indicated. It’s a decongestant tho while Zyrtec is a second generation antihistamine which is different.. If it works for you, great. The generic is Cetirizine.

Pseudoephedrine can indeed be bad for BP so caution is indicated. It’s a decongestant tho while Zyrtec is a second generation antihistamine which is different.. If it works for you, great. The generic is Cetirizine.
1725648847930.png

Aller-Tec and Zyrtec are both brand names for the generic drug cetirizine, which is an antihistamine that treats allergy symptoms

Aller-Tec and Zyrtec are both brand names for the generic drug cetirizine, which is an antihistamine that treats allergy symptoms
I take a Zyrtec every day. I usually use Flonase. I take psuedoephidrine often. And often use a little nasal spray to be able to sleep. I've had two operations to open up my nose. Never again, lots of pain and no gain. Dive without psuedoephidrine? Nope!

I take a Zyrtec every day.
It's a popular antihistamine. It's not a decongestant but it helps in different ways. I need to give it a try. It seems pricey, like 67¢ & up per pill but I see that Walmart has generics for 10.6¢ to 4¼¢.
I usually use Flonase.
I had episodes of running nose last March on a spring break trip with my daughter, foreign students, and great grand when my 2 to 4-a-day pseudoephedrine with antihistamine was not enough. It'd hit before suppertime and was awful. I finally tried Flonase after talking with my primary care nurse and it does seem to work. It seems to be pricey but my rural clinic and rural pharmacy use a rural government program to get prescriptions 80% cheaper than big stores. I see that Walmart has a Equate bottle for about half what CVS charges for the name brand.
I take psuedoephidrine often
It's been a daily med for me for decades.
And often use a little nasal spray to be able to sleep.
Saline or what? I keep saline spray handy at home and in my car.
I've had two operations to open up my nose. Never again, lots of pain and no gain.
Damnation!

It's a popular antihistamine. It's not a decongestant but it helps in different ways. I need to give it a try. It seems pricey, like 67¢ & up per pill but I see that Walmart has generics for 10.6¢ to 4¼¢.

I had episodes of running nose last March on a spring break trip with my daughter, foreign students, and great grand when my 2 to 4-a-day pseudoephedrine with antihistamine was not enough. It'd hit before suppertime and was awful. I finally tried Flonase after talking with my primary care nurse and it does seem to work. It seems to be pricey but my rural clinic and rural pharmacy use a rural government program to get prescriptions 80% cheaper than big stores. I see that Walmart has a Equate bottle for about half what CVS charges for the name brand.

It's been a daily med for me for decades.

Saline or what? I keep saline spray handy at home and in my car.

Damnation!
Afrin, used in moderation, only at night, It helps me many more days than they say it can. Use very much and the rebound will be really bad.

Use very much and the rebound will be really bad.
I've always been afraid of that one. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom