lobster/Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T2,
OrlandoEric deserves credit for the cool lobster walking video. I, however, will take credit for pointing out that there is no season, size limit, or bag limit on lionfish or tar balls.

Here I thought fellow divers were friendly....
When I find great places in the north area, I really do give others the spots....
why, because having dove with many individuals, their ability to catch and possess is kind of weak/limited, so I really never fear someone will take all...
besides these scavengers will evently be back and one can pick and choose....
oh, so much for southern hospitality.
Just because you put somone on a great spot doesn't mean they'll catch anything...
I have witnessed tha time again, one is only as good as the experience one has....:D

I've been known to be the only person to return to a 24-passenger dive boat with lobsters...and have caught my limit. That said, I'm still not giving up my spots! :no::rofl3:

It's not the size of the tickle stick...it's how you tickle the spot. I don't know, there's something witty in there somewhere.

It also helps to have the eye for spotting them. :wink:

Here I thought fellow divers were friendly....
When I find great places in the north area, I really do give others the spots....
why, because having dove with many individuals, their ability to catch and possess is kind of weak/limited, so I really never fear someone will take all...
besides these scavengers will evently be back and one can pick and choose....
oh, so much for southern hospitality.
Just because you put somone on a great spot doesn't mean they'll catch anything...
I have witnessed tha time again, one is only as good as the experience one has....:D

You have a better chance of someone giving you their PIN number, than you do of them giving you their lobster spot numbers:D.

Be wary of diving casitas, lobster habitats made up of anything from cinder blocks to old refrigerators. It's now prohibited. I used to dive an old upside down airboat hull, the inside would be covered with lobster. Removing lobsters from it would be prohibited now.

Well gang been almost 4 years since have requested help/advice/spots from you all. So I will share this with you. Myself,my dtr/son-in-law only dive the Key West area(boat) and despite the well meaningful/limited info you all set upon me(not), we limit out every day we go out. Heres the rub. I have taken other"expert"pro buggers with me, to the one and only spot I bug. Guess what they never ever get their limit and here this good ole north boy goes home with a mess of tails each year. I can give you a super hint where I catch these critters to borrow from one of those who responded to my inquiry. They are out there in the water. If you happen to come across me when I'm there, will gladly share my spot, secrets and techniques and if need a ride will take you with me, because I'm not a selfish diver and don't mind sharing with others what I have learned over the yrs if it will help others have a memorable and enjoyable season. I'm getting up there in years and have caught lobster up/down East Coast and Cuba for over 40 yrs. I'm sad to say sharing is not among the postivie attributes of the lobster hunters. Wish you all the best in of luck in your quest. Remember what goes around comes around. the universe has a way of providing and by sharing my knowledge with others, it has rewarded me beyond my wildest expectations. So once again thanks to all of you and contributed to this thread. Happy bugging.

So, where's your spot:D

Key West harbor, just watrch out for ocean liners, they tend to get in way and cloud up bottom. Happy Lobstering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom