lobster/Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T2 if you dive VB and need a buddy. Gimme a shout. Diving is getting limited with the exit of all the dive boats in the area. When I moved here 6 yrs ago there were 4 dive ops. Now were down to 1 and they don't even have a boat in the area now.

Catching these northern lobs is a whole different ballgame with the big snappers on each side of the head.

Give me a break.... first bug catching was in waters off RI/Conn/Mass. One just has to be brave, fearless and quick of hand. Thick gloves do soften the blow when grabber by crusher claw.

T2 Scuba.... Have not been on this site long long time. It is now 2015. 5yrs ago got some rather ridiculous replies. Hey guys guess what this go to the same spot each year, so know instead of 2-=3 of us I have 4-5. but not all on baot same time, we dive a few hrs each day fro bugs and fun, average about 18 to 21 bugs a day depending who is a catching..........and all by hand(well with gloves on). Know what several individuals have gone with me to my favorite spot. they all talk great game, but rarely do they get more than one or two. but my gang usually limits. Ya know the great thing my guys will share with less fortunate.............. It great to know me and my gang and tricks of trade to help less courageous and unfortunate............... Now I'm five years old and still going strong..........and still a sharing my spot.... As I said prior what goes around comes around and by sharing with others the universe has brought me to a bountiful catch each year..... just think i only do this for 7-10 days or so. WOW how cool would it be for me if live in southern Fla. A shame they did away with recreational dive lobster license(cost was 50.00/yr several years ago. Not the ones you get to get limit 6 or above monroe cty 12. use d tobe when first came out allowed 50 /day and when ended 12/day plus the 6 aloowed by other divers. How cool wpould that be if could be brought back again. So to say I am happy get my limit, and without southern hospitality. I wish you all luck , happiness and hope you all limit out each and evry day you are water. this I plan to branch out only cos my dtr tired diving in same mud hole. If it another honey holewill put out in this forum and share.................Great bugging you all :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom