Lobstering stuart fl area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cpatnode

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I’m new to this forum. Looking to dive shallow for lobster in the stuart fl area but have no real knowledge of it. I dive for lobster up north but looking to learn it here. Not looking for your spots just some knowledge. I dive alone with a boat, are there areas that have lobster where the boat can be anchored and not much current, like 10-20 ft, i see that people snorkel for them but not sure in the stuart area. I just read that stuart is full of dangerous bull sharks? I was told they don’t bother you, but is this a concern? This is the kind of info I’m looking for. Thanks Chris.

Hey Chris, take a look at Pecks Lake. I've dove it a few times and never saw any sharks but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I have heard they are there.

I've tried doing a shore dive from Hobe Sound/Town of Jupiter Island at Bridge road, but it was really really shallow and when the tide changed, vis dropped to 1ft.

Stuart has some good lobstering further off shore but I don't recommend doing it solo. I don't recommend anything offshore by yourself, but that's for you to decide.

Visibility in Stuart can be hit or miss, more likely miss. For shallow lobstering we go further south, like LBTS.

Even though it's a bit of a haul - the beach diving off 6th street in Pompano is second to none. Street parking and shower. 'Short swim out to what can be a very productive reef. Limited out there many times.

Yeah I think it's only the non dangerous bull sharks that read this forum dude

CS148205_preview.jpg

Back
Top Bottom