Lobsta Divahs invade Florida at Halloween??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ug, flying the dead broke skies... I'll probably book the flight today but not a lot of responses for anyone wanting to split a condo, guess it's just me, Miylvia and Specter if he decided to take a shower.

It's official - I am booked (flying solo) on a non-stop, HTFD to Ft. Lauderdale, the 24th - 28th, for $146.50 :)

Now all I have to do is figure out where I am going to stay and get a rental car... Any one up for sharing?

C-Otter once bubbled...
Hey shellbird are you set to go??? The warm water is waiting. It is nice to be without gloves and hood. And the fish life is great too. I am hoping to go out on the Speigel.

misspelled your name and can't edit it... sorry :(
Will I need AOW to dive the Speigel???

shellbird once bubbled...

I don't believe you do... it was designed to be available to all levels... supposedly even snorkelers.

you'll just be told to limit your depth to 60, I think.

What's your flight schedule ? What days and times do you want to dive? it's around 55.00 per 2 tank boat dive. Am, PM, or both?

ok... now is anyone else going? We need to set up charters. Quiescence has 6packs... so maybe we could fill a boat?

shellbird once bubbled...

depends on what shop you go out with. Many do require AOW of previous recent experience at similar depths.

Also, most will require the wreck medallion which is $10 a year.

Tom

ok... I went with Florida Keys Dive Center in Tavernier... they take up to 18-20 divers per boat, so there should be room for any last minute people... figured this would be better than booking 3 or 4 seats on a 6-pack, and then having it fill up and keep somebody from deciding to join in at the last minute. I've used them before and they seem decent.

As far as wrecks... nobody seems to want to plan them in advance, so I plan on calling around once we are down there and finding charters that will be doing wreck dives "the next morning" or whatever...

We (Lisa and I) are booked on PM dives on Oct. 25, 26, 27, and 28th. I'll be adding dives in the AM on those days once I get there.

Msilvia and Shellbird are tentatively scheduled on the PM dive on the 25th. (friday).... Shellbird...post when you are confirmed. If anyone else wants to book.... call Florida Keys Dive Center

1-800-433-8946.

MSilvia and I are confirmed. Definitely need AOW for Speigle. They said it could be dangerous for inexperienced, mucho current. Matt and I are also all set with air travel.

ok...

hopefully we can get them to dive this site I did last june... forgot the name, but it's out by what used to be an underwater habitat... kind of a nice shallow wall...depths to 60-80, but we can hang out 1/2 way down or so.... did it as a drift dive.. nice to not have to work and let the boat pick us up wherever we end up:D

The website lists potential dive sites w/good descriptions, I am SO excited now that I have plane tickets!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom