Lobsta Divahs invade Florida at Halloween??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not too far from there. If you guys get things together I'd love to drive down at least for a couple beers with you.

Tom

Anyone interested, contact me, if I can come up with some people to share the cost for a condo, I'll set something up. Rax, if you and C-Otter are ok with it, give me a pm on where you are staying and perhaps we can go there, if on the otherhand, you and the Mrs. want a hide-away, I will look into other options. But for me personally, I think the dates you identified are real good - Oct. 25 - 29...

WreckWriter once bubbled...
I'd love to drive down at least for a couple beers with you.

Did someone say BEER!!!!

Man. sharing some beers w/ WW where there isn't an archive of the conversation... man that could be really fun!!!

Seriously... FL is on my short list of places to go when I get so pissed off I've got to get out of town. I suspect a few dives on the Spiegel Grove'll be just what I'd need to relax! :)

I am from Boston and have been diving the Cape Ann area recently as well. Surprised that I never bumped into you guys.

Anyways, I saw the thread on the Halloween trip and would be interested in going, but I can only do Oct 25-28. Just wondering if the plan is still on.

:rfish:

shellbird once bubbled...
Does that mean your in?

Nahh. What it means is if you get some strange knock on the door, it's probably me looking for a place to take a shower 'cause I'm sleeping in the rental car outside...

I learned a couple years ago how bad committment can be, so now I try to avoid committment at all costs! :)

Actually, in all seriousness. 1) A friend is having a halloween party. Haven't seen her for a while and she's trying to convince me to 'pen' in the party. I told her all I own is pencils, but I'm going to try and keep that weekend open. 2) I've not thought $$ out since before I gave my LDS the 'go' on $850 worth of tanks, hydros, cleanings, and reg conversions. Also I took a small hit today w/ my stop at the fire department with my checkbook [got a t-shirt though!!!].

In a nutshell... it's going to take a bit before my bank accounts recover enough for me to piss my financial advisor off again! :)

WreckWriter once bubbled...
I'm not too far from there. If you guys get things together I'd love to drive down at least for a couple beers with you.

Tom

you have a charter to recommend... I've used Florida Keys Dive Center last June, and they seemed good... but they haven't gotten back to me about oct.

I'll definitely be there with the mrs.. The charters don't seem to "plan" the wrecks in advance... so I'll probably book a couple days with one charter, and then make phone calls once I'm there to find out who might be diving wrecks (duanne, bibb, s.g., etc)

shellbird: I'll ask her tonight, but I think I'm locked into a 1 br condo... don't know if I could switch it to a 2 br or not, I'll have to check. The 1 br's are 99.00/night. The 2 br's (2 br's plus a sleeper sofa are 109.00. These are at Ocean Pointe Suites... do a web search. They are pretty decent. There are other places... a quick search finds 80.00 or so (marina del mar, etc.).

She could go either way... if you PM her, she might be more apt to say yes... she doesn't get many pm's and she likes to get them :wink: .

I was gearing to leaving you to your privacy and us NELDS staying NEARBY. So keep your 1 BR!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom