Which hose length do you use

• 5 feet

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • 7 feet

Votes: 51 76.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 5'4, petite, and the 7 ft hose works well for me.

EVERYONE I know who's used the 5 footer switched to the 7 footer because the 5 footer isn't quite long enough for proper air sharing. The hose length isn't really related to your height in anyway so I'd recommend the 7 footer. It makes no difference if you're diving doubles or a single tank.

Last edited:
7' for everything.
don't really see any downsides that would make me wanna switch to a shorter hose when I'm diving in open water

7' for everything.
don't really see any downsides that would make me wanna switch to a shorter hose when I'm diving in open water

I find the routing much better with 5' hose. I hate having to tuck the 7' hose under either a can light or knife sheath (depending on my setup). I just find it really annoying - though I am getting used to it as I started from a position of REALLY hating it.

In OW I just don't see a need for 7' if one prefers a 5'. 5' (despite Randy's comment) in my own experience easily enables me to swim side by side with a buddy when sharing air, no issues at all.

I dive with a 7' hose on single tanks and doubles. The excess can easily be tucked into your waist strap. I'd rather have the extra hose than not.

+1. My 5'4" GF also doves a 7' hose and is very happy w/ the setup, pertinent as the OP is almost the same height.

+1. My 5'4" GF also doves a 7' hose and is very happy w/ the setup, pertinent as the OP is almost the same height.

I'm 5'4, petite, and the 7 ft hose works well for me.

Oops, she's already chimed in.:D

I find the routing much better with 5' hose. I hate having to tuck the 7' hose under either a can light or knife sheath (depending on my setup). I just find it really annoying - though I am getting used to it as I started from a position of REALLY hating it.

In OW I just don't see a need for 7' if one prefers a 5'. 5' (despite Randy's comment) in my own experience easily enables me to swim side by side with a buddy when sharing air, no issues at all.

you can tuck it in the waistband if you aren't wearing a primary light. that's what I do.
nothing wrong with a 5 footer I guess. but i would need a reason to buy another hose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom