Little Cayman Trip Report – 23-26.Jan.2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay. Got to see the video. Very cool turtle footage around the 5 minute mark and at 11 minutes... grr! I had read all about how friendly the grouper were and was looking forward to some interaction. Our boat crew headed out in the evenings with the research group that did an entire presentation on the spawning habits. We missed the presentation because we were on a night dive and it looks like we missed our human/grouper interaction by 5 days. Maybe next time :).

I enjoyed your trip report, pictures & videos. Thanks for the post!

Brandon,

You look very comfortable in the water and your pictures are very nice, some of them have spectacular vivid color.

I also like some of the pics they took of you in blue water, there appears to be zero particulates floating around and viz looks awesome.

What was your max dept, how about temps? Were you using a 3mm?

One particular pic really interested me, I didn't know that the Royal Gramma stays within close proximity to the Morey eel, I wonder if they have a symbiotic relationship with them?

In captivity I have not seem them exhibit this type of behavior.

Thanks for sharing...

Now get back into cold water before you make me want to fly back to Boynton beach Florida to visit my mom and dive... :)

MG

Amazing vis, probably 100 to 150+ feet.

Max depth I hit was 109fsw with the water consistently being 81F. My longest dive of the trip was 93 minutes which was nice.. and even being down that long the 3mm was more than enough protection.

There were Royal Gramma everywhere, but I didn't really notice anything that made them seem symbiotic with the eels... I could be wrong.

Ive tried to dive every weekend since I got back, but the conditions have been so bad here I always end up getting to the dive site and canceling the dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom