Levers levers everywhere...

Curly feet lever or old lever with S-Wing poppet on G250

• New curly lever

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Old lever (original)

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I've trauled through various lever threads but seems no definitive answer, maybe there isn't one but was just curious for those who have done this conversion,
S-wing poppet, which lever you ended up with. Cheers.

sometimes new, sometimes old...

Yeah, that was what I got from the threads. Seems strange that there is no consistency assuming everything else equal. I would have thought they either worked or didn't. I don't understand. What is the variable? Is there a consistent issue e.g old lever too high?

Results seemed more consistent when talking about the 109 where it seemed the new lever gave consistent results. The G250 seemed more hit and miss.

I thought the old style levers that could be a problem were only found in the metal 2nds. I did not think they were still in use by the time the G-series came along.

I guess it could depend on the meaning of "old". Every G250 I've taken apart has had the middle lever it in, which in this poll I'm referring to as "old". Photo courtesy of Zung IIRC.

IMG_2031.jpg

I've trauled through various lever threads but seems no definitive answer, maybe there isn't one but was just curious for those who have done this conversion,
S-wing poppet, which lever you ended up with. Cheers.

First answer: Whichever one I could get to work. There is some sort of voodoo going on with those things that cannot be explained by mere science.

Second answer: I think it came in the kit from vdh?

Third answer: I found it in a pile of junk, a golden glow emanated from it and it appeared to have special physical characteristics that are of possible alien manufacture.

Fourth answer: Just get a Conshelf and be happy, they are a better regulator anyways.

N

I have never had a problem with any G250 lever in a G250. As AWAP said the problems come when trying to use an old 109 lever with a new S-wing poppet or occasionally a old G250 lever in a 109. When using a square foot G250 lever in a 109 you will sometimes get one that clicks and makes it difficult to adjust the cracking pressure. I have had to try two or three of the square foot G250 levers in a 109 to find one that works. There are definitely slight dimensional differences between levers of the same type, so just because one doesn't work does not necessarily mean that type of lever won't work in your regulator.

First answer: Whichever one I could get to work. There is some sort of voodoo going on with those things that cannot be explained by mere science.

Second answer: I think it came in the kit from vdh?

Third answer: I found it in a pile of junk, a golden glow emanated from it and it appeared to have special physical characteristics that are of possible alien manufacture.

Fourth answer: Just get a Conshelf and be happy, they are a better regulator anyways.

N

I have 5 Conshelfs now, I bought two new ones in a moment of madness. Recently I picked up another three used for just under $10 each. Should have just waited and bought used ones as the new ones I'm scared to dive, expensive ornaments.

And by the way, you are to blame.

Last edited:
I have never had a problem with any G250 lever in a G250. As AWAP said the problems come when trying to use an old 109 lever with a new S-wing poppet or occasionally a old G250 lever in a 109. When using a square foot G250 lever in a 109 you will sometimes get one that clicks and makes it difficult to adjust the cracking pressure. I have had to try two or three of the square foot G250 levers in a 109 to find one that works. There are definitely slight dimensional differences between levers of the same type, so just because one doesn't work does not necessarily mean that type of lever won't work in your regulator.

So you've never had any issues with original G250 levers with the S-wing conversion?

So you've never had any issues with original G250 levers with the S-wing conversion?
My experience is limited to somewhere around twenty G250 or G200 S-wing upgrades and I don't recall any problems. I have had a few 109's with minor issues, but have never had to go to the curved foot lever to get them working properly. From what I have read others say, if I had to buy a lever I might go with the curved foot as it seems to be the one that always works.

Back
Top Bottom