Let's dive in Ft Lauderdale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The pics from the boat didn't take.
The kid who took them for us didn't snap the pictures or something.
I'm really bummed out....this was my first dive trip with a group.
Not many of the pics under the surface were so great either.
Time for a better camera.....if it's OK with the mama.....

The pics from the boat didn't take.
The kid who took them for us didn't snap the pictures or something.

MissD was having some camera issues underwater, I seem to recall something about hitting the wrong button. Maybe she can she some light on what what wrong...:D

That is an UNDERSTATEMENT! Where are you and Chris diving today? The gulf temps are in the mid 50's! (aka: officially VERY COLD)

The Gulf Temps are in the mid 50's, i.e. it's time to plan a trip to the Keys!

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

I am planning a trip to Fort Lauderdale in two weeks. How was the PD II? I hear 3rd hand that the boat is in good shape and the staff is great... But, I haven't heard directly from anyone that has been on the boat... Did they take good care of your group?

I am planning a trip to Fort Lauderdale in two weeks. How was the PD II? I hear 3rd hand that the boat is in good shape and the staff is great... But, I haven't heard directly from anyone that has been on the boat... Did they take good care of your group?

They were GREAT.

My wife got sick, and they really went out of there way to help her.

They even helped me rinse her gear, and get our stuff together.

We plan on diving with them again soon.

About Pro Dive:
Pros:
The cost of a two tank dive was $55.00 if you bring ALL your own gear.
Easy parking close to the dock/boat.
Lots of staff, good dive brief, friendly.
Cons:
Weekend dives are very BASIC (We did two 30' reef dives). They are only doing deeper dives on the weekdays.
No drift diving. You swim out you swim back.
Divers gear up on benches facing each other not as much room as on American Dream.

I would recommend American Dream over Pro Dive, they do deeper/more advanced dives and drift diving on the shallow reefs. They also allow spearing (I dont know if Pro Dives allows spearing or not)(you should probably check with the captain before trying to take a gun onboard)
Capt. Todd and the crew were great. They even helped carry my cylinders to the boat AND back!

With all the great wrecks Ft. Lauderdale has I recommend American Dream. I am not saying Pro Dive was BAD, just that American Dream was BETTER. Their # was posted earlier in this thread.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom