Let's dive in Ft Lauderdale!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, thanks Dave. All I can say is it was incredibly rude of you to delete my pics. Jealousy is not a good trait :cool2: Learn to be kind and share, like I did with lobster. It will do you a world of good :crafty:

Now I'm sure Dave didn't delete your pics, I think you're just trying to push his buttons :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Now I'm sure Dave didn't delete your pics, I think you're just trying to push his buttons :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Whatever buttons I was pushing well all I know is they were the wrong ones :whistling:

Hey IDive, was that the DC800 you were using?
Nice pics.

DC800 it was. It's my first underwater camera and those were my first underwater pics. I'm very happy with it so far! The best feature on it is that it's "MissD proof", where MissD can't figure out how to operate it which saves a lot of battery juice. That was real ingeniius of Sealife to think of!

DC800 it was. It's my first underwater camera and those were my first underwater pics. I'm very happy with it so far! The best feature on it is that it's "MissD proof", where MissD can't figure out how to operate it which saves a lot of battery juice. That was real ingeniius of Sealife to think of!

:kicknut::scorned:

I am planning a trip to Fort Lauderdale in two weeks. How was the PD II? I hear 3rd hand that the boat is in good shape and the staff is great... But, I haven't heard directly from anyone that has been on the boat... Did they take good care of your group?

For the most part I agree with Salmonboy's statements on Pro Dive. I had a great time with them and no issues whatsoever and recommend them to anyone. But, I am having trouble understanding why the weekends are only basic dives. I would think they would offer dives that appeal to the widest possible array of divers. To that I would add that, as of last weekend, there was no retail side whatsoever and you couldn't even rent tanks to take offsite or get fills. This caused some last minute scrambling on our part, as we had intended to get some empty cylinders filled by them while we dived and ended up having to run down to another shop at the last minute. That may just be because they are still setting up Ops again but it was surprising nonetheless. The PDII was a great boat, but that was the most crowded I've ever felt on a boat that size. Again, no actual complaints, just observations and statements, I am a satisfied customer.

Very very nice.....I hope you get many happy dives and lots of pic of pretty fishies.

I was looking at that camera at Divers direct.
They had a package with strobe, dry box and all.

I can't believe how much restraint I exercised while there.......LOL
I bought a dive flag an octo holder and that was it.
Getting some good use outta that flag...and it breaks down for easy storage in my dive bag.

Ain't life good......:)

Thanks for the very detailed list of pros and cons... When I called Pro Dive they told me that they are going to be doing DSD's/snorkeling on Saturday and Sunday mornings, 30/30 dives on Saturday afternoons (lots of certifications/refreshers), night dives on Saturdays and deeper/wreck dives on Sunday afternoons. What day of the week did you dive? I definately would like some feedback on the night and Sunday afternoon dives.

I have to admit to being hooked on night diving and would love to be able to string together a few. Any other suggestions?

Based on the feedback from you and the previous reviewer, I think I will try Saturday morning on the AD, Saturday night on the PD II and, if they are going someplace interesting, Sunday afternoon on PD II again. It probably would not be a good idea to take 2 trips on Saturday and an early AM dive on Sunday (I also like the fact that the PD II has convenient parking, the crew helped you carry your tanks both ways and that they took really good care of the woman that got sea sick).

Thanks again for the very useful feedback... Who do you suggest in the Seaside area?

Thank you for the quick feedback. I will definately give Pro Dive a try!

I hope you wife is feeling much better. As the years go by, I find it is more and more true that husbands are only truly happy when their wives are!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom