Leisurepro bait and switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had Amazon do that and it was all handled in a couple of minutes with a phone call. "Oh sorry Sir I do show that price was valid, but has since been removed. Since you said you tried to purchase it, I will grant you the discount".

All it takes is an email or a phone call.

To be fair, you haven't place an order, they haven't taken your payment, or ship your a wrong item. It isn't bait and switch. It could be a mistake in ads. In fact Leisurepro has been very good about honoring their ads, at least in my experience, if I place to order an item with a price mistake, they usually honor the ordered price.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that he wears his BC on the plane. You should be clicking on Brooks Brothers, JCrew...KMart even. Time for a style upgrade!

Hey I resemble that remark! Although I only wear my backplate, as I attach it to my backpack so I can carry my can light, regs, computer, etc. on board the airplane.

Backpack Modification.jpg

Hey I resemble that remark! Although I only wear my backplate, as I attach it to my backpack so I can carry my can light, regs, computer, etc. on board the airplane.

View attachment 150962

The notion of wearing a BC onto the plane to dodge luggage weight limts is an old joke and I was going to ask the Fatterboy if he was serious.

However the notion of using it as the foundation of a travel backpack borders on genius and is probably patent material.

Sharktank?

Pete

It'll probably be the hot item for spring on the Milan catwalks—nice purple flourish. :D

Ditto on the excellent service from LP

More ditto on the excellent service from LP. That's not really bait and switch either. I believe bait and switch would be letting you order it for 199 then notifying you it's not available and offering a replacement for more money. I see the 199 post of Facebook. At worst they ended the sale when they closed for Passover (and the rest of March) on 3/25.

I do agree that if they are saying the sale is for March, and they are still accepting orders (which they appear to be) then they should honor the price. however calling it 'bait and switch' is a bit dramatic

It'll probably be the hot item for spring on the Milan catwalks—nice purple flourish. :D

Does that mean when I take it through Paris this summer I will get all kinds of lovely comments? It will be traveling across France with my French model, although I will be stuck carrying it.

(For this trip I may just bring regs/computer, and rent everything else, for less hassle, especially when only diving one or two days, on a three week trip all over the country visiting friends and family.)

FWIW the lovely purple backpack was recycled as one of the shoulder straps had ripped off from the backpack. Since it is a large backpack, it works perfectly for the task at hand, and "just" fits under the airline seat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom