Leisurepro bait and switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not trust most links on facebook as anyone can put them up. It may not even have been lp posting it. I also have never had anything but good service from them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Does that mean when I take it through Paris this summer I will get all kinds of lovely comments? It will be traveling across France with my French model, although I will be stuck carrying it.
As I'm sure you know, French models are always in style, no matter what they wear, and will attract all kinds of comments, some of them lovely. :wink:

(For this trip I may just bring regs/computer, and rent everything else, for less hassle, especially when only diving one or two days, on a three week trip all over the country visiting friends and family.)

FWIW the lovely purple backpack was recycled as one of the shoulder straps had ripped off from the backpack. Since it is a large backpack, it works perfectly for the task at hand, and "just" fits under the airline seat.
I have also considered renting, since a lot of my diving is done on long weekends these days, rather than intensive dive safaris. I have, in the past, considered Fedex-ing my gear ahead, but it always worked out to be considerably more than excess-baggage fees. If it was even close I would have tried it, just to unburden myself for the trip.

I've been happy with my LP orders. I have seen BCs on LP that had great prices, but were limited to sizes like extra small and they only had 1.

Something not right here. I've never seen anything like this with LeisurePro, and I've never heard of them doing "bait and switch".

actually there were a few threads about "bait and switch" with LP a couple years ago.

They'd put up a computer that was out of stock for a REALLY LOW PRICE and then email you and say that it was out of stock and offer you another for a really low price.

I tried about 2-3 years ago to buy a Tusa IQ-700 and they were out and offered me a newer one for about $100-$150 off list.
I didn't buy it.... (my choice).

them about 3 months after that, I hoped they were back in stock and tried to buy one again. got a very similar letter.
They were out and offered me another. I ended up suggesting a diffferent one and they came down on price on that.

so Yes it was a bait and switch. but in this case it was in the buyers favor. (Of course they wouldn't be doing it if they weren't making a profit. can't blame them for that).

Did anyone else see the leisurepro facebook add for the Aeris 5 Oceans BCD for $199.00? It wasn't up long and when you click the link it went to Leisurepro's page listing the BCD for $349.95.

It's still up on their FB page.

Here's the "redirect link" to it. Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

Thats just wrong! If you're gonna ad for it, DO IT! Needless to say, they won't be getting any more of my business and I will discourage anyone else I can speak to.
nonononono.gif

** yawn** ...... did you call them and see if they will honor the price on their web page? (no... didn't think so...)

They prob can't advertise it on their webpage for $199 due to dealer guidelines, etc... MAP. (of course that's not stopped LP before... :rofl3:)

In Arkansas that's bait and switch...and it's illegal.

in Arkansas.... "bait and switch" can mean "so many things"..... :rofl3:

I sent Nick (from LeisurePro) a private message on Facebook and here's what he told me:

Thanks for the message. Unfortunately, since we're closed right now, I can't reply to any of the messages that are being posted. The BCD was the special of the month, I was informed there would be two new specials for the duration of our holiday closure, but wasn't told the previous special of the month would be going away. I'm not even sure if it is gone or if it's just a technical thing since unfortunately no one is in the office right now. As soon as I can get in touch with someone, I'm sure we'll have it all fixed in a way that keeps everybody happy. It's definitely not a case of bait and switch as some of the more excitable people would suggest, but simply a clerical/technical mix-up that we'll fix as soon as we can. The real issue is that it happened at a bad time when no one is around to address it. Feel free to share this if you'd like since I still can't post anywhere until Thursday. Thanks again for bringing this to my attention!

So it sounds like it's nothing intentional here, just an honest mistake. And the last "incident" of bait and switch, at least according to the Similar Threads I'm seeing below, was addressed almost a year ago.

as a note... this special was posted to Facebook a WEEK ago on March 19th. Not yesterday (when the original poster started this thread. )

I'm not saying this is the case for the OP, but I know that in the past I've seen posts that were posted weeks ago popping up when I refresh my FB page. Perhaps this was the issue here?

Anyways, I hope the OP is able to reach someone in the office after the holiday and get it resolved.

:thumb:

as a note... this special was posted to Facebook a WEEK ago on March 19th. Not yesterday (when the original poster started this thread. )

Seeing how LP closed for Passover since then. ..... perhaps the deal expired?

original link on FB Special of the... | Facebook

I just clicked on this Facebook link and it says,

But if you click on the Facebook add link it says the BC is $349.95 on their website.

Since the Facebook add says "March Special" I suggest the OP call LP and ask for the Facebook price and see what they say.

I subscribe to their page, it was the only time it was posted on my page. I did over react...a bit. I will probable continue to order from them if they have something I want/need at a reasonable price. The post wasn't far down my page. I also realize mistakes happen, but I did click the link before the post was removed...Multiple times.

Now back to the BCD on the plane, My wife and I have flown several times with them on. The only problem we've had was at Dallas when staff thought they were backpacks and we had to explain they were not. We have flown to and from Cozumel several times and never had any other problems. A few strange looks and comments, more positive comments from divers though.

My appologies to Leisurepro, life's too short to hold a grudge. I can support anyone that closes for such an important Holyday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom