Lds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livestodive

Contributor
Reaction score
In the last year my wife and I bought all of our gear from our LDS. We bought gear for each other and our 4 kids. To the tune of around 10k. Soup to nuts, except for a exposure suit for my wife, as there doesn't seem to be a manufacturer out there that has full figured women patterns. For a year now we have been renting a male (too long and too big) wetsuit for her to wear, and I have been telling the LDS owner I need a suit for her. I have looked in his catalogs none were a good enough fit.

We ordered a wetsuit for her from a custom suit maker. Tonight when I went to the LDS I told the owner as we are (I guess) friends. Immediately I realized that he was very upset.. I was told that I shouldn't tell him that I ordered somthing online because then he wouldn't want to service my gear. Then he told me he wasn't upset!!! When my wife came in he wouldn't even talk to her.

Is it time to look for another LDS, or should I just do all my shopping online and service the gear myself??? I don't understand the reaction I got, maybe somone can explain what is wrong, I'm lost here.

I don't understand the response you got. Spending 10K on dive gear at a local dive shop should get your picture on the wall!

Not every dive shop will carry every piece of kit you might need. In your place I would have done exactly the same thing - buy from a vendor who can fill my needs, whether online or another local dive shop.

well livestodive
i know what i would do in this matter !
ide be taking back what i could to the LDS in question and asking for my monie bask if it was at all possible beacuse i know allot of other LDS that woule be more than willing to help you out with 10 K
not to mention your wifes wetsuit ! the LDS if it was any kinda busness
shulda been willing to find out for you and her to find a custome suit that fits well
me being a larger than average guy had a bit of trouble with a suit as well
and i only had to spent 1 K to get the LDS owner to bend over backwards and
after being mesured found a wetsuit to fit me !
so if you are not happy with the way he does busness
then by all means tell him where he can put his neopreen !
i know i would but it is up to you !

Dudas Diving Duds located in West Chester, Pa. Evelyn Dudas makes custom wetsuits. She is the best (and about the most famous female diver in the universe).
http://www.dudasdiving.com/

Originally posted by livestodive
maybe somone can explain what is wrong, I'm lost here.

Some business people just don't understand the old saying....
"The customer is always right"
And they deserve to go out of business....

You obviously were dealing with someone on the way out.

This is what i told another board member witha similar problem.

Originally posted by solodiver
:yellow: I would try and talk with the owner one on one. let him know how i felt and ask why he was reacting the way he was. and once this info was in the open. I would then decide what i would do, stay or go..
:yellow:

LOL! This guy has been in business for over 14 years and is by no means "On his way out".

I happen to know the "Other Side" to this story..........I watched quietly in the background as the friendship unravelled over a few months. Lets just say that there's Always 2 sides. Im not looking to start another fued here, just that things aint always what they seem.

Im suprised at you UP for making such a sweeping unqualified statement. Its not what im used to hearing from you.
Uncle Pug:
Some business people just don't understand the old saying....
"The customer is always right"
And they deserve to go out of business....

You obviously were dealing with someone on the way out.

Well enlighten us with the other side so we can pur in our 2 cents :wink: don't just flame UP for making a comment based on the info that he had without throwin us a bone. If I had spent that much in my LDS the guy woulda probably kissed me :D and I would expect a little service when I needed it!

Bro- I didnt flame anybody. All I did was state that UP made a sweeping statement and that it was not what I was used to hearing from him. Hell, I didnt even use CAPS! But, all of us have bad nights and say/do things that we normally wouldnt.

As I prefaced my comment earlier with "not to start another feud" true to human nature, we tend to slant the facts in our favor. In this case they were not slanted, they were slammed down horizontally.

This aint my battle and I shouldnt have gotten involved; I just hate lying bully's. I ran to the defense of the LDS owner, just like you ran to UP's. Lets call it a night.
Gregoire:
Well enlighten us with the other side so we can pur in our 2 cents
03.gif
don't just flame UP for making a comment based on the info that he had without throwin us a bone. If I had spent that much in my LDS the guy woulda probably kissed me
04.gif
and I would expect a little service when I needed it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom