LDS or Internet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SilverSurfer7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
First let me say that I believe in supporting my LDS, however there are an increasing number of internet scuba dealers popping up. They offer warranties and very good prices. Has anyone had any experiences with internet scuba dealers good or bad?

Thanks

bronce32:
First let me say that I believe in supporting my LDS, however there are an increasing number of internet scuba dealers popping up. They offer warranties and very good prices. Has anyone had any experiences with internet scuba dealers good or bad?

I still can not get reliable fills of 3200 psi from my internet scuba dealer.

Either find & support the better LDS operations, or you don't get no air.

I have orderd 98% of my current gear online from www.scuba.com and have had nothing but EXCELLENT service. In fact, I just got my 3 mil henderson aqua suede in the mail yesterday! The online shops have fast, friendly, and knowledgeable service.

I checked with the Aggressor fleet--they will still give me full tanks, despite my LeisurePro equipment.

I use my "prefered" LDS for all my "life perserving" equipment and usually buy all the little gadgets and such off of the internet. I just like being able to take my equipment back to one person to have it serviced each year. Also if I ever have a problem with any equipment I can talk directly to the store owner or the person that sold it to me.

Jeremy

I've used Scuba.com, Leisurepro and Diverite express, and have had excellent service from all of them. I live in So. Cal, and have been to the Scuba.com dive center in Rancho Santa Margarita to exchange (and try on a replacement) for a wetsuit I foolishly bought sight (or fit) unseen. They are very nice there, and point of fact you can get fills there at the ("internet") shop. It's a little far for me and I have a LDS in town where I have purchased mask, snorkle and weights, and routinely get fills and go with on trips.

RoatanMan:
I still can not get reliable fills of 3200 psi from my internet scuba dealer.

Either find & support the better LDS operations, or you don't get no air.

Try the EtherFill 5000 Internet Air fill system.
You can then download your air fills of the internet.
For better fill times though, a broadband internet connection is suggested.

see
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/gas/etherfill.shtml

Both! I have gotten great prices and service via internet. Some things are better purchased at an LDS..things that need to be tried on for fit. I had an LDS offer me a decent price on a drysuit which included the drysuit specialty class and cert as well as a few dives, and a gaurantee that I would like the suit and could return it for a full refund during those checkout dives. I could get a better bottom line price on a drysuit via internet, but not the complete service offered by the LDS. Thats how the LDS's should all compete...not by giving guilt trips about providing air fills, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom