LDS fill policies for older tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The growing 20 year black ball is predominantly associated with aluminum cylinders. Some filter it to 6351 product but a number of shops are cutting all aluminum product off at 20 years.

Some are being creative with $125 VIP fees for 20 year+ aluminum cylinders.

Pete

The only problem I have with the older AL cylinders is with O2 usage and Nitrox fills by partial pressure. There have been some incidence with them. I fill them all the time if properly inspected.

Dale

Once again this is a LDS policy and not Law.

The whole idea of a visual inspection is LDS policy. The only requirement (by law) for a compressed gas cylinder is that it has a current hydro.

If a tank is well-maintained (i.e. never fast-filled, not filled in a bath, never allowed to be emptied completely, never dropped or otherwise physically abused), a visual inspection *should* be unnecessary. The trouble comes in ensuring that's the case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom