Question Issues filling 3300psi aluminum tanks with nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The keys are not known for 'generous' fills after the tank cools to ambient temperature in private tanks. 3000 yes, 3300 good luck.

So, if you brought a HP steel tank to the keys, you would only get a 3000# fill?

Do you have a shop in mind? Best bet is to give them a call.
No, this is our first trip to the keys since we got certified so I don’t have any experience with the shops there. I’m going to snoop around the forums a bit and then make some calls.

So, if you brought a HP steel tank to the keys, you would only get a 3000# fill?
The quoted site only mentions aluminum tanks.

Here's another thought.

When I dive in South Florida, it is customary to bring your tanks to the boat, but when I have dived the Key Largo area, it is common to buy a package that includes the tanks. You may find it more advantageous to buy such a package and leave your tanks at home.

You will also find that many of the dives in that area are pretty shallow, and paying for nitrox is a waste of money. You will definitely want it for some dives, but not for
Here's another thought.

When I dive in South Florida, it is customary to bring your tanks to the boat, but when I have dived the Key Largo area, it is common to buy a package that includes the tanks. You may find it more advantageous to buy such a package and leave your tanks at home.

You will also find that many of the dives in that area are pretty shallow, and paying for nitrox is a waste of money. You will definitely want it for some dives, but not for most.
We have a boat rented for the week to do fishing/diving/pleasure cruise, not strictly diving, so buying a package with tanks wasn’t really an option. Good to know about the depth.

Most run shops bank at 3300 and then it cools to 3000. Complaints from HP100 owners are a list a mile long. Sometimes if you are a "local" frequent customer you will get a "top-off". But if the filler doesn't automatically greet you by your 1st name when you walk in the door, you get what's in the banks. Silent World used to be really good on fills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom