Latest on Dive Concepts Lambongen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all
Back in Padangbai first dives coming up this morning. I’m thinking of going over to Lembongan for a few days and have looked at dive shop options. Dive Concepts looks to be very reasonably priced compared to the other shops with web sites. (Not sure if anyone can recommend a shop that perhaps doesn’t have web presence?). Looking at some older posts here it looks like DC doesn’t have many recommendations. Has anyone used them recently?
In Padangbai I am diving with Nusa Dua Dive Centre. They have a shop opposite the jetty, nothing flash, no accomodation etc. Half the price of OK, Geko, etc. Wayan one of the most experienced local divers on Bali, one to one service most days, completely safe. Can’t quite work out why he doesn’t push the business more (no web presence) but I’m glad he doesn’t! Looking for a similar set up in Lambongen.
Any advice appreciated. Will post a report when I get back to the UK
Thanks Mark

Last edited:
Hello again
Well I guess I’ll answer my own question.
Just done 7 dives with Dive Concepts (not to be confused with Concept Dive at Mushroom Bay!). They are based at Jungu Batu village close to Two Fish.
The manager is French and the staff are some locals, some French but the same as the other shops as far as I can see. All very friendly and a pleasant atmosphere. Boat, equipment, etc the same as well. We were at the same dive sites and saw the same things. Overall a very good time. Mantas on the first day - five I think swimming close by. Easily as good as the manta dive in Komodo. Crystal Bay ok too late to see the mola mola there. Northern sites day two - Toyapakeh very good then two more drifts. Manta point again today only three mantas poor vis and too many divers in the water. Photographer chasing one of them almost to the top of the mount. I imagine that in high season it’s a nightmare and they won’t be there for much longer. There are already days when they are so stressed that they stay away.
Usual excellent corals and fish life especially when the current is running. Very easy to get to, plenty of decent accommodation. Not much nightlife, plenty of places to eat but no partying. That happens in high season. You will have to look at high season trip reports and decide if it’s for you but I can recommend the dive shop.
Cheers
Mark

Hey Mark,
I apologise that I didn't see your post earlier ... still getting to know things around here haha.

Well, to comment a bit from the first idea, I would have recommended OK Divers from the beginning but of course it's good to know that you had a good time with Dive Concepts.

Manta Point indeed, visibility is maybe within 10 to 15 meters maximum because of the plankton which is what the Mantas are looking for. However, for the Mola Mola, we're already out of season so absolutely the chance to see them at this time are really low ... 27-29 degrees celsius water temperature considering the Mola Mola likes 16 to 20 maximum and even 20 is already hot.

Next time within the Mola Mola season I am recommending Gili Mimpang, Tepekong and Biaha :)

With respect and appreciation,
Julian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom