Dive concepts Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The diving i s sooooo good! Enjoy. The place is fab and so chilled, lots of food places local to more posh :)

Find someone you are comfortable with and JFDI Look forward to the trip report.

I have recalled my research about them from 5 years ago now. Poor safety record, lost diver incidents, rejected by PADi, poor equipment. No thanks!
I will take my business elsewhere, thank you for causing me to dig up this information!!!!

Scuba diving is NOT the only casualty of "Covid".
I can fully understand the annoyance/frustration because of inconsistent policy by the same organization.
YES, take your money to somewhere else and have fun.

Scuba diving is NOT the only casualty of "Covid".
I can fully understand the annoyance/frustration because of inconsistent policy by the same organization.
YES, take your money to somewhere else and have fun.
I am doing exactly that!

Thier business model successfully repelled me and my 600 dollars. I wonder if it will cause any internal reflection or modification of the cause. Somehow, I doubt it.

Thier business model successfully repelled me and my 600 dollars. I wonder if it will cause any internal reflection or modification of the cause. Somehow, I doubt it.
Oh come on, chill out man. I doubt very much that the dive shop will regret having a customer that argues like this.

You are lucky enough to be able to travel to one of the very best areas of the best country in the world for diving. Don’t waste any more time and emotional energy on such a small amount of money.

It is not the principle, it’s the money. And just forget about it.

Oh come on, chill out man. I doubt very much that the dive shop will regret having a customer that argues like this.

You are lucky enough to be able to travel to one of the very best areas of the best country in the world for diving. Don’t waste any more time and emotional energy on such a small amount of money.

It is not the principle, it’s the money. And just forget about it.
No it exactly is the principle and the money. Retired on a fixed income. It is enough to pay for an extra dive and a half.
Plus it become about thier reputation and safety record as well. I value my life. I take calculated risk. Getting screwed and unnecessary extra risk- I am voting with my money , the right of and consumer and spending it with a different provider. And, I will enjoy every minute of it. But thanks for playing.

Yes I have a lot of options, just trying to get them to wake up to the way they are screwing the serious diver.

No it exactly is the principle and the money. Retired on a fixed income. It is enough to pay for an extra dive and a half.
Plus it become about thier reputation and safety record as well. I value my life. I take calculated risk. Getting screwed and unnecessary extra risk- I am voting with my money , the right of and consumer and spending it with a different provider. And, I will enjoy every minute of it. But thanks for playing.
As mentioned by me and others. Dives should be guided, or at least supervised. So, what would you think is a fair salary for the guide and the costs of his dive gear? And the person filling the Nitrox? We can agree they are two professionals doing a skilled job? What about the compressor costs such as energy, the place to run it, filters, oil, maintenance and overhauls. The transport of the tanks? Maintenance of the tanks? What about taxes and permit costs for the operation?
Yes, many people are willing to work for much less than what would be fair. Because they are over their heads in debts after more than years without any income from their dive operations. Please do your own math. And calculate what would be a fair price to pay. 30 USD per dive is not covering the costs for small scale operators where it can happen that the guide have to take only one or two guests diving at the same time.
Why should a 'Dive Pro' or 'serious diver' be charged less than any other customer? I am an excellent eater, one of the best I dare to say, but never paid less because of that in any restaurant ;-).

As mentioned by me and others. Dives should be guided, or at least supervised. So, what would you think is a fair salary for the guide and the costs of his dive gear? And the person filling the Nitrox? We can agree they are two professionals doing a skilled job? What about the compressor costs such as energy, the place to run it, filters, oil, maintenance and overhauls. The transport of the tanks? Maintenance of the tanks? What about taxes and permit costs for the operation?
Yes, many people are willing to work for much less than what would be fair. Because they are over their heads in debts after more than years without any income from their dive operations. Please do your own math. And calculate what would be a fair price to pay. 30 USD per dive is not covering the costs for small scale operators where it can happen that the guide have to take only one or two guests diving at the same time.
Why should a 'Dive Pro' or 'serious diver' be charged less than any other customer? I am an excellent eater, one of the best I dare to say, but never paid less because of that in any restaurant ;-).
I did not cause covid and did suffer from it just like the dive shop.
They set the price for diving, not me. They provide the backpacker the fear he needs included in the price of the dive. They also take care of the dive pro offering them 10% off, youvwill have to ask them why. Me, the guy who hauls his gear all over the world because he wants to feel safe diving gear that he knows has been properly maintained, they tell me "even though your saving us wear and tear of ten dives on our rental gear we will not give you the 10% off. Except we will at one of our three other dive shops. Makes no effects sense and cost them 600 dollars I would have spent there.
I am not asking for anything I don't deserve or makes sense or is std in the industry or they will do at the other shop they own.
Your eating analogy doesn't have any relevance to this situation.
That's why.

I did not cause covid and did suffer from it just like the dive shop.
They set the price for diving, not me. They provide the backpacker the fear he needs included in the price of the dive. They also take care of the dive pro offering them 10% off, youvwill have to ask them why. Me, the guy who hauls his gear all over the world because he wants to feel safe diving gear that he knows has been properly maintained, they tell me "even though your saving us wear and tear of ten dives on our rental gear we will not give you the 10% off. Except we will at one of our three other dive shops. Makes no effects sense and cost them 600 dollars I would have spent there.
I am not asking for anything I don't deserve or makes sense or is std in the industry or they will do at the other shop they own.
Your eating analogy doesn't have any relevance to this situation.
That's why.
All my questions have not been intended to address this specific dive center and your own specific situation. But it could be "the other shop" is a sort of franchise and has other costs to cover. I cannot know, and probably you do not know either. Sorry you did not see the joke in the eating comparison. In real life I eat pretty limited and hardly ever in a restaurant. I wish you enjoy your trip more than the booking procedure.

Back
Top Bottom