Last-O-Lobsters! Wednesday Night Dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha!

Well I've never hunted for lobster (or underwater at all), so I bought a small game bag... but hopefully I'll catch at least one!

Ha!

Well I've never hunted for lobster (or underwater at all), so I bought a small game bag... but hopefully I'll catch at least one!

end of season... you will be lucky to see one let alone a legal one... I guess I haven't given up cause I'm thinking about heading out with you guys.

Clammy did you get your license? If you do end up getting one it could be the most expensive one you have ever had:D

I've never hunted for them under water either ive only pulled them out of holes to see if i could do it and i did it was during the day time, but i have handled them on land quite a bit last year. so it shall be an adventure. And ya never know there might be a leagle beagle still out there. or am i having wishfull hoping again.? Sorry clammy i could not help my self :rofl3:

end of season... you will be lucky to see one let alone a legal one... I guess I haven't given up cause I'm thinking about heading out with you guys.

Clammy did you get your license? If you do end up getting one it could be the most expensive one you have ever had:D

Well, it's good for calendar year so I still have next season. Also, I was planning to spear hunt over the summer and I needed the fishing license portion to fish anyways. I just happened to pick it up now cause of the lobster hunt!

Well, it's good for calendar year so I still have next season. Also, I was planning to spear hunt over the summer and I needed the fishing license portion to fish anyways. I just happened to pick it up now cause of the lobster hunt!

you are right it is a good idea to have a license! If you have a small gun or even a knife I would think about bringing it tomorrow night, the halibut are moving in shallower. You can usually stick em in the head with your knife, but a gun would be easier:D.

I am looking forward to meeting you clammy we will have to do some hunting this season...

Stick them in the head??? aint it just easer to shoot them. i did not know they would stick around long enough for you to stab them in the head. i thought they would be smarter then that. oh wait there the ones with flat heads :D

you are right it is a good idea to have a license! If you have a small gun or even a knife I would think about bringing it tomorrow night, the halibut are moving in shallower. You can usually stick em in the head with your knife, but a gun would be easier:D.

I am looking forward to meeting you clammy we will have to do some hunting this season...

Darn! I should have bought a spear tonight too!! Oh well, I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all too!

Spearing and lobstering at the same time at night that seems difficult to do. I would be a disaster waiting to happen if i tried that. Last time i tried multi-tasking on a night dive it was a disaster. looking forward to meet ya clammy i think ive met all the others that are going but dont hold it to me i dont rember who was who :D

Stick them in the head??? aint it just easer to shoot them. i did not know they would stick around long enough for you to stab them in the head. i thought they would be smarter then that. oh wait there the ones with flat heads :D

Spearfishing at night is a bit dangerous, and the fish that you want to target are not typically out. Halibut is about the only game fish that you will find while on a night dive, and yes you can if you do it right swim right up to them and stick them with a knife! One of the reasons halibut will let you do that is they are not the smartest of fish... but I guess thats cause they dont swim in schools:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Looks like a friend and I will be heading out to leo with you guys tomorow.. look out bugs!

Darn! I should have bought a spear tonight too!! Oh well, I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all too!

No worries I wont be bringing my gun! Its hard to dig for bugs while holding a loaded gun... What gun are you looking at?

Back
Top Bottom